California Gun storage violation.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Whiskey45, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Whiskey45

Whiskey45 New Member

I bought this vault that can be opened by a code or finger print.

Sniper03 likes this.
  2. Whiskey45

Whiskey45 New Member

of mu wife is not in the military...I would get it ig time from her.

3. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Another reason to not live in California. Does one have to keep recreational pot separate from firearms and children also ? In Missouri, you can have kids and guns anywhere in your home but dope and kids is considered a serious thing. Just asking.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. Whiskey45

Whiskey45 New Member

Here in California, if you use pot for medical reasons, you give up your 2nd ammendent rights.

5. Whiskey45

Whiskey45 New Member

By the way, my wife is not mad at me and stated that I am a responsible gun owner.

6. Whiskey45

Whiskey45 New Member

As an employee of a gun store, I am blessed for not getting fired. Boss said my misdemeanor is not a gun prohibitor crime.

7. sheriffjohn

My bad. I thought California had the recreational marijuana thing. Good luck on your court case. Accidental discharges happen just as accidents of all kinds occur.

8. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

but in his, or in other cases of "accidental discharge", this "accident" could have been preventable, by rule number 1, always check the firearm is unloaded when you pick it up. it takes what? a whole 2 seconds to find out, by pulling the bolt back and checking the chamber

the cops didn't cite him for discharging a firearm, but for having unsecure firearm(s). if he would have taken the 2 seconds to see it was clear, he wouldn't be in the "pickle" he's in

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    primer1 likes this.
  9. sheriffjohn

The fact he wasn't cited for the accidental discharge is accurate but it enabled the officers to gain access to the home (by permission) where the "crime" of unlawful storage was observed. Rule #1, by the way is always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, not start trying to manipulate the action.

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Whisky

Good luck with your case! IMO it was probably a good thing they did not charge you with the discharging of the firearm or add it to the other misdemeanor.
    Obviously Commiefornia is not a good place to live!;)

11. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

I left California over 20 years ago and never looked back,,,
    But I still keep in touch with a few friends.

One gun owning buddy says he keeps a very small cleaning kit where he stages his pistol,,,
    His reasoning is that he will always swear that the gun was being cleaned.

Probably won't hold up in a court,,,
    But hey, it's worth a try.

Aarond