California Gun Owners Lose Big Time

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rustyruger, Apr 15, 2014.

1. rustyruger

rustyruger New Member

Well, California is at it again with back door confiscation tactics. Here's the latest assault on we unfortunate gun owners who are trapped in this state. Page after page of handguns no longer available for sale in CA.:eek::mad::mad::confused:
    This will make you sick if you live here.

As I understand the current requirements for manufactures to be able to sell a firearm in CA they are required to send a certain number of each firearm they intend to sell in the state to the evaluation bureaucracy. There the firearms are "tested" (short for being tortured/destroyed) and if any fail this virtually impossible testing then that unit is NOT "CERTIFIED" for sale in the state. To add insult to injury the firearm that happens by some miracle to survive and pass the torture test is then certified only for a specific time and at the end of that time the manufacture must re-submit the same firearm again-even if it is exactly the same as the previous model- for another round of testing. My understand is that the firearms sent in for certification are not single units of each model rather they are several units of each model and to make matters worse they aren't returned to the manufacturer after certification/de-certification. Guess Ruger and Smith just had enough of the BS of this state and figures they won't go out of business if they tell CA to kiss-off and sell their products in the other 49. Can't say as I blame them one bit.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov/files/pdfs/firearms/removed.pdf

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT ON THIS MATTER!!! PASS IT AROUND....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'm glad I'm not a permanent resident of this state.. That's just stupid

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

So half of the S&W cataloge is now "de-certified"? WTH? Did someone at S&W urinate in some one's Post Toasties? It is time for Smith to stop shipping to Kali all together.

4. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

This just means you can't buy one if you don't have one already, and you can't sell one if you already have one.

I did not see CZ on the list, but then I would not ever sell my CZ 97B anyway. It is my primary, first tier defense gun.

Actually I would not sell any of my guns.

This just affects people who are trafficking in guns.

No worries then.

:D

5. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

It just means S&W has not paid their fees to stay on the list.

It's a hidden tax on gun manufacturers.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well if a manufacterer has to pay fees to be on a "certification list" of approved handguns, pretty much sounds like extortion and strong-arm tactics, sponsored by the state government.

wow.

7. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

That's how it works in Commiefornia, yes.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's the reason i only visit and never would ever move to such an environment of crippling gun laws imposed on the LAC's of the state.

9. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Just found 3 of the 4 guns i own on that friggin list. I HATE the a holes in the senate and house in this state.

Now you guys know why we want our own state up here.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A pox on the legislators! Good for S&W for not paying the protection money.

11. snyder77

snyder77 New Member

Our best bet(IMO) is to let every firearm fall off the list, then challenge it in court saying that this effects our right to bear arms, because it does...they are also trying to get rid of the single shot exception, which is how we get our pistols that aren't on the "State approved list"

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

KA needs to just break off the CONUS and take all their hippies and politicians with them.

But give all the good Americans a chance to move first.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I have been advocating that all gun manufacturers adopt the Barrett Doctrine and boycott all firearms sales to all California government agencies across the board, and further to void all warranties for all of those agencies for existing firearms in their possession.

This crap has to be brought to a halt. I, for one, refuse to comply with all California firearms restrictions across the board from here on out.

14. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I can't believe how many 22s are on that list, or revolvers either.
    I didn't find my Makarov on the list though, and I went all the way to the bottom of the list 3 times to be sure.

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I'm still waiting for the earthquake to come and make Kalifornicate an island.

16. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Yeah it would be nice to have an island to visit, if I wanted to. I cannot get out of this Freakin state fast enough! I should have stayed in the Gulfport area, when we moved back there.

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Any mfg that complies with this could have a very captive market. It would be interesting to see just how much they might pay for weapons that meet the criteria.

Shoobee - this is the only one on the list.
    Bulgarian (Century Int'l Arms) Makarov (Century Int'l) / Steel 9 mm Mak Pistol 3.65" 12/6/2012

18. bigjim

bigjim New Member

It looks like the gun mfg have decided to fight back and stop the stupid behavior of the State government of CA. No more tax revenue (blood money), I guess governor fairy dust will have to raise the state income tax to make up for the monies lost. Now if all the other mfg's follow suit we should have one hell of a law suit against the State of CA for 2nd amendment violations.

But it will probable be a law suit for restraint of trade violations between States which they can not do.

We may have to make more federal prisons to house all the felon CA officials. This could get interesting. If S&W, Taurus, Ruger & Kimber where each to file that would be 4 counts and could result in 12 years of prison for each official found guilty.

Jim

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  19. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I found 2 Mak's on the list. Page 28 near the middle was this one.
    Feg. Hungary (Hungarian
    Arm Works)
    PA 63 Two-Tone (Century Int'l) /
    Aluminum, Steel
    9 mm Mak Pistol 3.9" 5/21/2008

20. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I wonder, does California REALLY care about the "Tax"? Or is this just another way to keep guns out of the state? Maybe that's what they want, is for all of the manufacturers to stop shipping there. That plan will only work, though, as long as people keep quiet, and don't pitch a bitch. (Which they SHOULD.)