California Gun Confiscation Bill...!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by dango, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Has anybody heard about this...?

Authorized by Sen. Mark Leno , San Fransisco , has budgeted some $24 million to expedite (Illegal Gun Seizure)..! Some 40'000 guns targeted by the new
    SB 104 Bill signed Thursday..!

Define illegal....? :confused::confused:

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Guess they gonna take them away from all the "bad guys" ?
    Luck to'em :rolleyes:

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

We may have won on a national level but us Kalifornians are screwed. They even passed an amendment saying how we have to store OUR guns in OUR home. I'm pretty sure that doing so was deemed unconstitutional.

4. jbardellini

jbardellini New Member

Just another reason to get out of here.

5. Garadex

Garadex New Member

My thought process exactly.

6. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

They try this and it will not end well for anyone because they are asking for another Waco or Ruby Ridge.

7. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

There wont be too many people living there that are righties ....

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder if they copied that from Austrailia? I remember one of our former members down there complaining about the storage/inspection requirements.

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

It ain't "illegal gun seizure". The state of CA has long had a policy of confiscating guns from newly convicted felons, those adjudicated as a threat to themselves and others and domestic violence offenders. They are way behind the power curve: Over 40,000 guns are in the hands of felons. This bill would allow them to catch up.

"
    Link:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-in-hands-felons-mentally-ill/#ixzz2RINHsjYS

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...g-40000-weapons-in-hands-felons-mentally-ill/

10. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This can NEVER happen in this country!!!:rolleyes:

11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

If an "assault weapon" bill passes on a federal level, there will be millions of felons for them to round up. I'm still waiting for the big earthquake...

12. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Yeah, we're just waiting for the, this is bullish!t comments.:cool:

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I have to wonder, why would a recently convicted felon not be in the custody of the state? I mean, didn't they confiscate any firearms the felon had when they admitted him/her to the hotel graybar? Or does this mean that All firearms at the home of a felon, though not necessarily in the direct possession of the felon, are being confiscated by the state?

So, let's say Poppadrinksalot gets his third DUI (or whichever takes it up to the felony level) conviction in court and is whisked off to the jail until time to transfer him to a prison. The felon would be separated from the firearms by fences and guards; why exactly would the firearms still need to be confiscated?

Alternatively, are they confiscating ALL firearms from the homes of newly RELEASED felons? What about the wife of Mr. newly released felon? Can't she have a private gunsafe to keep the felon off HER firearms? I could've sworn i'd seen that discussed as satisfactory many times. :confused:

14. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Law enforcement won both of those. I am merely stating a fact, not a political opinion.

15. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Ruby Ridge cost the govt a lot of $ and it, along with Waco cost them an unmeasurable amount trust which now is gaining exponentially.

I believe the settlements were around $1,000,000 give or take. Admission of guilt.

16. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

How many of these people 'labeled' as felons are truly dangerous???:rolleyes: So those of us who protest these violations of our rights just need to be labeled as felons by 'our' government and then they can 'legally' disarm us, right??:mad:
    It won't be long and the government will come after your guns if you are convicted of DUI just as they now do for DV!:(
    Where will it end? Study history and you will find the answer!!!:eek:

17. orangello

orangello New Member

I still don't understand how this is necessary.

18. opaww

opaww New Member

Gun confiscation could not happen if the people refused to register their guns. But it is commiefornia where even the criminals register their firearms

19. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

True. Enough of a majority there have managed to get a ton of repressive gun laws on the books. God knows what the fine print allows them to do. My advice: fight or GTFO.

20. Garadex

Garadex New Member

We already have universal background checks and handgun registration. Gun owners are such a small minority here that I feel it's pointless to fight so I'm in the group of people trying to GTFO.