California CCW...?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by icallshotgun88, May 2, 2014.

1. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

I'm wondering who here has a CCW in California?
    I know you have to interview with the Sheriff and they don't HAVE to issue you a CCW permit.
    So I'm wondering what your "reason" was as to why you needed one...

I'll be getting mine in sacramento county and I've heard it's hard to get unless you have a really good excuse.

Of course I want one for basic personal protection, but also, I do a lot of early morning fishing and I'm up at 3-4 am in bad parts of town...

I'm wondering what your "reasons" are that you gave and what county you got your license from.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

You Have to make up a bunch of BS my friend, you stated a reason already in your post. but make a good solid list, throw the BS right back at them, they have infringed your rights:D

3. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

That's the point of this..
    I want to hear your reasons..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

I live north of sacremento about 45 minutes in Sutter county and self defense is a good reason,when I asked the clerk after my interview if she has seen anyone rejected by the sheriff she said in the years she has been there she had not,the only rejections she could think of were by the FBI or DOJ.

5. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I'm in Stanislaus County and our sheriff wants to arm as many citizens as he can he is mad about the budget and having to cut loose a lot of his deputies so every county is going to be different.
    But to your question I guess obviously self defense police are 2 far to respond X cetera