california approves sale of smart gun

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by kdog, Nov 3, 2013.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

Why would any sane adult want to introduce a failure point to an item your life depends on? What about hacking by criminals and the government? What if I'm incapacitated and now a family member can't continue the fight with my weapon. What happens if the watch is damaged in a violent encounter?

This is the future of common sense gun control. EVIL!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It has a 15' range?
    So if your attacker gets the gun and doesn't turn around and run 20' away from you, they can just turn and shoot you?
    Absolutely stupid. A 3' range would make alot more sense.
    In general I don't like the idea.

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I'm insulted that they put the American flag on the slide.

4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

If I had the money the only reason I would buy something like this just as a novelty type of thing maybe to shoot a bit but not for self defense or even hunting just a range toy.

I don't trust anything that needs batteries or anything that ain't attached to the gun. For go knows how long guns have worked just fine without any type of computer chip or anything like that. So why change it? Murphy Law is written all over this...

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The people of California continue to vote for these laws.:rolleyes:

6. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

You might want to get some background info on the full history of this cluster $&@? Before you go spewing your generalizations.

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

This crap started in NJ back in 2002. Kommiefornia is following their lead.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

No wonder northern ca and southern OR want to form Jefferson.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Read that again. Its 15 inches. Hell, my hand moves that far when I'm masturbating.:p

And what about the fact that if I wear a watch its on my left wrist but I shoot right handed? No more shooting one-handed with your off hand at your waist.

Or when its holstered the watch would frequently go out of range rendering the gun inoperable until you re-enter the code.

Many, many issues with this thing.

How much does it cost? I can't see anybody buying one. Least of all anyone who knows anything about firearms. I wonder if police would be required to use only these "smart guns" once they are implemented? If not I wonder if the major gun manufacturers would boycott California law enforcement like Ronnie Barrett did when the .50 BMG guns were banned here?

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

I'm not sure about Kali's legislation, but NJ's legislation exempts LEOs from the requirement. LEOs know they can't trust their life to these abominations, so why should we be forced to?

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Exactly my point.

The maddening part is that the manufacturers refuse to understand that these laws are designed to reduce their primary market in California (and New Jersey) to virtually nothing. Ronnie Barrett had it spot on.

12. myers1991

myers1991 New Member

As far as I'm concerned, I don't believe any of the mainstream gun manufacturers would get involved unless forced. If you do some history, some have tried it in the past as prototypes mostly. When they were publicized, the basically lynched themselves and the idea vanished as you could understand why. Some of which were federally subsidized....as you could imagine that went well. Fisker and solyndra come to mind for whatever reason....that's beside the point. The only way this will stay funded is if there is a market for it. To my knowledge I don't believe there is one, nor will will it be sustainable.

13. 1911love

1911love New Member

As far as I remember, Colt was the only major manufacturer developing these death traps. IIRC it was in the late 90's/early 2000's.

14. myers1991

myers1991 New Member

I can't find the article on where it said that other funds were allocated or attempted to be allocated to other gun manufacturer other than Colt. I read it a while back. It might not be true. But hopefully ALL will learn from Colt's mistake. Unfortunately, These "death traps" as you call them, have some pretty slick marketers behind them. They're sprouting in many places in Europe from many reports. Scary thought that they are creeping their ways over here.

15. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

smartguns
    approved by stupid people.:rolleyes:

16. kdog

kdog Member

Smart Guns are disigned only for one intention: Gun Control

And the technology will give the possibility to activate and deactivate firearms by authorities.

Armatix has also constructed a smart gun, that will only fire, if pointed on a special target. As soon as your POA is away from the target, the gun is deactivated and will not fire anymore.

Everybody, who think`s this kind of technology is good, also think`s gun control is good and works.....

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

You guys are so negative, I can find lots of uses for this piece.

1- Nutcracker

2- Small Tent peg driving

3- smashing out windows in your car if your submerged

4- fills an empty pocket nicely

5- Perfect weight for a downrigger

6- Good place to hide extra bullets

7- they make an adapter so it works with video games also

8- Holds one daisy perfectly

9- Can be purchased with a television Universal IR Remote Upgrade option (must be 15' from the TV)

10- The watch will tell you when its time to die

Wonder if they are using a Microsoft OS to operate the thing, I can see the warnings now,

"Important, please do not use this handgun without updating the Firmware and Operating System first",

Secondary warning,

"This Handgun has been found to cause cancer in California"

If Seinfeld was a TV show about nothing, this is its little brother, a Gun about Nothing! In the end, most folks that know better wont be buying a handgun that depends on more technology than rack, point and shoot. I wont be investing any of my retirement in Armatix!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  18. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

19. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, if you can't outright ban them, then regulate and restrict them to the point where it's just too much trouble to make them, sell them or own them.

And this is quicksand for gun manufacturers because it opens them up to lawsuits from any number of directions if any of the components malfunction or even work too well.