CA Magazine Ban Could Go To SCOTUS Sooner Rather Than Later.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vikingdad, Dec 18, 2013.

1. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Could this possibly end mag restrictions in all states?

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Its possible. It would definitely open up the idea for discussion if it gets to the SCOTUS. That is what Heller vs. District of Columbia did. There was a ripple effect that opened up a chink in their armor.

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

If it happens, think of what it could start. It could lead to a repeal of all state mag bans and "assault weapons" bans. If taken farther, it could lead to a repeal of the NFA and states could end up being required to get rid of licenses to purchase. This may be unrealistic, but slowly it could lead to the Second Amendment being actually recognized.

4. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

This would be a huge win. Frightening for the grabbers.

There is a row to hoe however.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

any win is good if we can regain gun rights back. and we have to keep the pressure on at every step and remain vigilant and never becoming complacent in regards to any wins we acheive.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm? This should open up the question on Full-Auto and suppressors. Some states ban these even though they can be legally possessed by Federal Laws. :)

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Viking,

Even though I don't life in Kalifornia anymore I still feel for you guys. I hope this goes to the SCOTUS and they overturn mag restrictions (for starters!).

It would be a great win for our side and it could open up NY to do the same. (Was just a matter of time)

+1000

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The clock is ticking on SCOTUS. Obama will most likely up-set the courts with more Liberal appointments in the next 3 years. Freedom issues need to be addressed as fast as possible. :(

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Looks like gun registration laws may end up going before the Supreme Court too.

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The Supremes have dodged ruling on some of these real Constitutional issues for way too long. Its a bit scary cause just like OB Care, our guess isnt likely their mindset. I hope this cracks their nutz in Albany and San Fran, there's more to the story than just whats in the Magazine. The "Military Feature" designation needs to go with Mag restrictions, neither makes any sense or fixes a single "omission" in the 2A! Can you spell Unfettered? U-n-f-e-t-t-e-r-e-d, I knew you could,,,

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

My concern would be for NYers. They are on the clock and time is running out. If they can't get their protest to SCOTUS before the clock runs out, what happens then? I'm sure there is enough fear in some that they have already sold/destroyed etc some of their mags. And how many more will act in fear before the clock strikes 12:00? Can they call a "Time out" if there is anticipation of the law being changed?

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Perhaps they can. But will it make any difference if they do? Oftentimes the confusion works against the civilian in possession of the contended items.

15. Axxe55

i see any registration of any firearm unconstitutional and highly descriminating. until they can force all those with illegal firearms or those who should possess a firearm in the first place to register theirs, then how can they on the basis of any law force a LAC to register their legal fireams?

16. Axxe55

until we get back to what our gun rights were before 1934, we as law abiding gun owners are still behind. until every gun ban, restriction and gun control law is repealed and rid of, we as gun owners are being infringed upon.

17. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

the SCOTUS has been making some surprising decisions to say the least, with last year's 'Obama[don't]care' vote leading the way. Does anyone feel confident they know how a vote like this would go?

My guess is, just when you thought the Court could not get any more 'Federal-centric', this will be the time they say 'let the States decide'. I will be surprised if this gets decided in a way that favors us gun owners. I hope I am wrong

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

For now, since its not a state, apparently the 2A doesn't apply to them. Such BS.

19. JW357

JW357 New Member

Maybe once time runs out and people start getting arrested in large numbers, it will make it to the SCOTUS sooner.