CA Gun Owners Face More Harrassment

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by bkt, Apr 29, 2008.

1. bkt

bkt New Member

This is intolerable.

California gun owners face further harrassment
    April 29, 2008
    Thomas Lifson

Bookworm calls our attention to a message from the NRA about an alarming bill being considered by California's left wing legislature, which is gerrymandered into permanent Democrat domination.
    California gun owners already face daunting obstacles. I tried to buy a new gun a few years ago and discovered that all the gun dealers near Berkeley had been driven out of business by onerous restrictions. And the firearms safety course I had previously taken was no longer considered valid. Now, if this bill passes, it will be difficult to visit the firing range more than once a month. And here I thought the Constitution protected the right to bear arms...

2. bellx1

bellx1 New Member

THIS BILL IS REDICULOUS!! Gun laws here in Kali are already overbearing, if it's passed we'll need to pay for a permit to buy ammo for the gun we have a permit to own.
    bkt - you are right, it will be near impossible to visit the range more than once a month.
    it will also be difficult to maintain your stockpile of ammo ( not trying to sound like a nut)

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

This is the next campaign, "ammo control" doesn't get the visceral response from the 2A supporters that are non-shooters. I hope this doesn't pass, but it is Mexifornia.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Absolutely intolerable! Yet another reason why that State is far down my list of ever wanting to work/live/visit again. My condolences bkt but it would appear that the future of living in Kalifornia is going to be one of predator and prey, with the law abiding, hard working, tax paying citizen being the unwilling prey.

My suggestion is to get your hands on a press and some materials for reloading - perhaps very soon.

*Arm Gesture and double fingers* for the Government of Kalifornia

JD

5. bellx1

bellx1 New Member

i was talking to someone about this proposed bill, and they suggested that maybe the gov. was trying to keep ammo out of the hands of gang bangers. however, if the gangsters want it they'll find a way to get it.

one day, i corrected a teacher on his lesson about how firearms work, and what different things were called such as a shell casing, revolver, cylinder, chamber... ( it was in Forensic Science) within an hour, i had gang banger kids at school trying to have me steal ammo from my dad, ad sell it to them!!

6. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

If I lived in Ca. I'd be buying reloading supplies by the ton - or looking for another place to live. But that's gonna be the end result anyway - no right thinking (no pun intended) individual is going to be living there in the future - it will be like a seperate country - full of anti-gun, anti-establishment Liberals. There are rumors about the lead ammo ban (because of concern over Condors ingesting lead) spreading across the entire state! Talk about driving the price up!

7. bkt

bkt New Member

And just to be clear, I don't live in CA. My post was the article from the link on the title. I'm one of the fortunate ones: I live in New York State! Oh, wait a minute. It's not any better here, either, is it?

As for moving, I hope to avoid that. The idea sounds great at first, but running from a problem only delays when we'll have to deal with it.

Condors? Around here, the concern is poisoning fish. The Coast Guard wanted to do some live-ammo exercises off Lake Ontario (several miles from land) and the envirocommies filled their pants, saying "Noooooo! All the fishies will get lead poisoning and their spawn will be retards!" So, that plan was nixed.

Feh.

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

[
    Condors? Around here, the concern is poisoning fish. The Coast Guard wanted to do some live-ammo exercises off Lake Ontario (several miles from land) and the envirocommies filled their pants, saying "Noooooo! All the fishies will get lead poisoning and their spawn will be retards!" So, that plan was nixed.

Feh.[/QUOTE]

No, I meant the condors in Ca. .A Law was passed in one of the counties in Ca. last year banning the use of lead shot and I believe lead bullets also- apparently some dink is trying to equate condor population drop to ingestion of lead shot - same as they did with ducks...only now the anti-gunners are seizing that argument to possibly ban ALL lead ammo EVERYWHERE in Ca. And Governor Ahnold is backing it!

9. Zappa

Zappa New Member

When I first got licensed back in the early 80's, Massachusetts had a requirement that gun dealers keep a log of all ammo sales, which included buyer name, caliber and pistol permit number. Sometime in the late 80's, the state actually figured out that all this extra record keeping had ZERO effect on the crime rate, and didn't prove to be useful in any investigations. So they dropped the requirement and freed the gun dealers of this useless extra paperwork.
    Can you believe it? Massachusetts, of all places, actually showed some common sense and made life a little bit easier for us evil gun owners?
    (I guess that even a blind squirrl finds a nut every now and then)
    So what makes the liberal weenies in Kalifornia think that such a record keeping system on ammo will work for them now, when Massachusetts already proved it to be a useless waste of time 20 years ago?

10. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

I would say the people that are pushing this do not care if it works or not, IMO it's all about taking away the Tax-Paying citizens right's, they already KNOW it will not do a thing about crime.
    I frequent various forums from offroading to guns to motorcycles and the one thing that I see repeatedly is California taking away freedoms of their citizens, the Boxers and Feinsteins and the Arnold are bad news.
    Is this state not already Bankrupt? The people of that state need to wake up and elect new leadership..................:(

11. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

It is a communist state. Last year Sean Hannity interviewed an elected official from either SanFrancisco or SanDiego county, about why the attempt to place a de-commsioned naval warship in dry dock and make it a museum was being fought tooth and nail by this elected official - after much beating around the bush, he stated on national TV that he was against any form of law and order, military, and police. The battleship represented all the things this country was founded on - and this pig despises it all! I could NEVER live in Ca.. I would end up in prison for murder in short order.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  12. bkt

bkt New Member

Agreed. The concern is what happens in California doesn't necessarily stay in California; it spreads to other states.

13. Varn Ford

Varn Ford New Member

About getting reloading equipment, I live in The People's Republik of Kalifornia and try to keep up with these upcoming laws. But, first....this law will do nothing to prevent those who want to buy ammo from buying it. All's they have to do is take a trip to Las Vegas, or Phoenix, or Yuma, or some place in Oregon, etc. and buy much more than they would normally purchase, just to have some on hand. This includes gang bangers and other criminals.

Now, about the reloading. The Libs have much more in store for us. They are proposing a law that requires all handgun ammo to be serialized, that is, be laser etched with a serial number. Both the bullet and the case would be "marked" with the same serial number. Every round in a box of handgun ammo would have these same serial numbers or encodings. That number would be printed on the ammo box. (Use the word "case" or "shell" and not that silly word "shell-casing" that the news Libs use to describe a case or a shell. A shell-casing would be a double walled ammo case.) Anyway, what about reloading?..... That proposed bill will make reloading illegal in Kalifornia because the reloader can't laser etch his reloads, easily. Also, buying reloading componets would be illegal in Kalifornia. So you see, these freedom grabbing freaks have thought of everything, so far.

Also, all existing non-serialized handgun ammo would have to be "turned-in" for destruction. It would be illegal to possess non-serialized handgun ammo.

So, now what? They say, "As goes Kalifornia goes the rest of the country." Let's hope the U.S. Congressmen that made that pro-gun promise keep their election promises for they will be voted out of office if they don't. These are the Democrats that were elected last round and replaced the progun Republicans.

Wait, I forgot. Some U.S. Senator or Representative is discussing right now this serialization scheme for a National Law. That didn't take long did it. It hasn't even been passed in Kalifornia yet. This means no reloading for the whole country. Make sure on this one that you contact your rep's when and if this one actually makes it into print.

14. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

Well the moral of this story is that this kind of s*** has been happening in kalifornia for years if I were you I would get the hell out of dodge asap because you just have way to many commie liberal pos's and it will never get any better just worse and as far as it happening in other states it will take one hell of a lot of pushing to get some stupid kinds of pos liberal agendas through when you are living in a state that has people with brains in them :D :D :D :D

15. Varn Ford

Varn Ford New Member

It's possibly coming your way.

The point that I was trying to make is that certain US Congressmen are right now considering this sort of legislation on the national level. Therefore it will affect every state, not just Kalifornia.

Here's what I said:
    "Wait, I forgot. Some U.S. Senator or Representative is discussing right now this serialization scheme for a National Law. That didn't take long did it. It hasn't even been passed in Kalifornia yet. This means no reloading for the whole country. Make sure on this one that you contact your rep's when and if this one actually makes it into print"

If these types of Bills do reach the House and Senate floors be sure and contact your reps and ask that they vote against these anti-freedom bills.

16. dlgray

dlgray New Member

Concerned Alabamian for Californians

Its sad to see politicians abused the constitution. The people need to wake up and realize they have the power to challenge any politican who swore to uphold the constitution, after all we the people voted them in, we can vote them out. The instant a politican infringes on our 2nd. amendment rights, and other rights for that matter.We the people should vote them out of office immediately for not honoring the very fabric which make our country great. "Whats good for the goose is good for the Gander". When they threaten us, We must threaten them out of existance.
    dlgray

17. bkt

bkt New Member

The good news is you're exactly right. The bad news is very, very few people know anything about the Constitution or Bill of Rights. Either they won't challenge what they don't realize is illegal, or they're short-sighted and willing to compromise their principles -- and the Constitution -- on some issues.

A little more good news is that bloggers, forums, and radio are re-introducing these issues people, and a lot of people are slowly waking up.

18. opaww

opaww New Member

It's not just a commiefornia thing with attempting to pass anti-American laws. But rather it is a push of the anti-Americans United States wide to put as many anti-gun laws on the books as they can with in the next few years.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We are in Northern California. Hopefully, we will be in Oregon for Christmas. This place has become hostile to any form of conservative thought or patriotism. We refer to it as the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kalifornia, or PDRK for short. It ain't funny any more. We're going to get gone.

20. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Hey CA, just a question..is Oregon much better???