C&R question

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by matt g, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. matt g

    matt g Guest

    If I lived in a free state what exactly would my C&R allow me when it came to things like C&R M1A1s, PPSH41, M3s or Mod Deuces? Would I still need a tax stamp on them, or would standard C&R regs apply?
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. c3shooter

    c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

    NFA arms, even if classed as C&R arms, nust still be transferred, and the transfer tax paid. It can be transferred directly to you without going thru a class III dealer, but tax man still wants his share. Translation- you want a nice 1928 Thompson smg. Being made in 1928 it is C&R based on age. Being a machinegun, it is also an NFA arm, and you will need to pony up the $200 tax.

  3. ScottG

    ScottG Active Member

    Well, according to the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide dated 2005, it appears that you still have to apply for a transfer of NFA weapons and pay the tax.

    Page 188 - 189 question references Title 26 United States Code Chapter 53 subsection 5812 27 CFR 479 84-86