C&r license renewal

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Ibmikey, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

My license expires in four months so I tried the BATF site for a renewal form. After reading pages of goo and emailing a request for the form I am no closer to renewal than before I started. Anyone know where the renewal forms are obtained? Thanks

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  4. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

Mr Cool, You are cool! Thank you for the information, if I do not receive the app. I will contact them at the address you provided. Thanks again....Mike

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yep- they send you the form. Turnaround is running less than 30 days.

6. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

Update information for others with my original question: I received the renewal paperwork from ATF a week ago, I did not request it as they notify automatically. Sent the form back (and copy to local Sheriff) the next day, check cashed before ink was dry and I still have several months before my original license expires. I think the system is working!

7. reloader762

reloader762 New Member

It is actually better now than in years past. My latest renewal took only a couple of weeks; I can remember a few renewals ago it took months from having the check cashed and actually seeing the updated license.

8. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

LOL, that ain't never gonna happen! :p

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

They sure dont wait to cash your check though. I sent mine in and the day they received the paperwork my card had been charged . Same deal on a From 4 ,pay now get it much much later :(