Firearms Talk banner

C.A.I. C93 5.56 NATO Rifle (HK 33 Clone)

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  yobala 
#1 ·
Have any of you ladies and gents seen or heard abything about the new CENT ARMS C93 5.56 NATO 16" Rifle (HK 33 clone)? It sounds really sweet. It looks like only a few dealers have them. The price range is anywhere from $800 - $1000. Hopefully the average price will be around $600 once they come out in large quantities. The HK 33 mags are pretty expensive though ($40 each) Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks! :)

#2 ·
Century C93

Hey, Just received mine a few days ago and shot it yesterday, she ran without a single hicup. I am very impressed with the build quality, the only problem I found initially was the mag well was slighly bulged and the magazines had a lot of wobble, I ran 40 rounds with it in this condition and experienced no failures, I then straitened the mag well with a few light taps from a rubber mallet and the mag fit is now perfect, I again ran another 80 rounds and also ran flawless. the sheet metal is thin and this probably happened during assembly which really isnt a big deal as its fixable. the exterior finish is exeptional and the internals are excellent, the bolt and carrier appear as either lightly used or not at all, there was grit inside the cocking handle tube and reciever that cleaned out fine, again probably from assembly. I have 5 century rifles and all had assembly dirt, I guess they just dont clean them which is no big deal since I pre-clean all my firearms when I first get them. Accuracy seems pretty good, I havent done any bench shooting yet so I cant give any true feedback on that at this time. I would definatley recommend getting one while you still can, I picked up 3 extra mags for 35 each which isnt to bad considering they hold 40 rounds. I wish the mags were steel since the alluminum seems pretty flimsy and I just cant see them holding up to rough/battlefield conditions, hopefully magpul will come out with a mag similar to their P-Mags....

#5 · (Edited)
Well, I bought a CAI C93 Sporter (HK 33/93 clone) and test fired it this past weekend. I was pretty excited to try it out. I fired the first round and then it happened...the bolt carrier would not close! I eventually got it to run, but boy was I ticked. After I broke it in, it was really nice to shoot. There was very little felt recoil and it ran through the Wolf 55 gr. like nothing. I'm gonna take it out again ASAP. Here is a short clip of my wife filming me at the test run.

Johnny 5.56: Century Arms Inc. C93 Sporter 5.56

Johnny 5.56: Century Arms c93 Sporter (HK 93 clone) test fire

#6 ·
Century Arms C93 Sporter (HK 33/53/93 Clone) Part II...success!!!

The weekend after Halloween, my brothers and I went out to the "range" (country backwoods) with a ton of pumpkins that my wife and I got from the local punkin' patch". It was time to test out my new Century arms c93 sporter. This time I made sure that the battery had plenty of juice before leaving the house. This rifle is a ton of fun to shoot. We put about 300 rounds of Wolf 55 and 62 grain FMJ bi-metal rounds through it. It ate that steel core ammo up without any issues. Now that's cool. I brought the three new HK 40 round aluminum mags that arrived this week in the mail. They worked flawlessly. There's almost no felt recoil on this rifle and it handles really well. AIM Surplus had them on sale for $599 a week ago. At that price, you've gotta get one! Here's some footage of me having fun.

Johnny 5.56: Century Arms C93 Sporter (HK 33/53/93 Clone) Part II...success!!!

#7 ·
C93

I just picked one up yesterday for $675. Took it out immediately to the range. I was fairly impressed by it's accuracy. The rear sight aperture is different then what I'm used to, but not hard to quickly figure out. Over all I'd recommend that every avid shooter buys one. I had no jams and every shot was where I wanted it. Disassembly wasn't hard either. Kind of like the M249 or M240B take off the butt stock and everything else slides right out. Next step is to get the Hellfire trigger assist. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.