bystander stops stabbing

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by jjfuller1, Aug 30, 2012.

1. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Is that from the local TV station? If so, I am happy to see televised media covering this, we need more TV coverage of the positive things CCW holder do. Imagine the amount assaults that might be stopped in a state like IL if we were allowed the right to defend and protect ourselves.

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Kudos to the armed bystander. Hey, slime-ball media! Did you report that nationwide like you do other firearm stories bent toward gun-control agenda?
    Also like to point out how QUICKLY rage can disappear when a gun is pointed at you. Gave up like a lil' fag. Again, kudos to the bystander.

3. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I just hope the CCW holder doesn't get busted for having a gun on school property.

4. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

They have been showing that story on all the news channels here since it happened. I still haven't heard anything about the CHL holder getting in any kind of trouble.

5. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I read the article and then watched the video, sad to say on the video they gave all the credit to stopping the attack to the school and not the CHL holder that actually pulled his weapon on the soon to be ex husband.

The article did give him credit but what was on the video was very one sided and never mentioned the CHL holder at all.

The end result was the same a BG going to jail and a woman who lived thru a tragic ordeal thanks to a legal gun owner. :cool:

6. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

Excuse my stupidity as I continue to learn the laws and legality of firearm possession....but take this exact same scenario but remove the "CCW" part of it. It is legal to carry a firearm (out of open sight) in your vehicle without a license. Would an armed citizen who got out of their vehicle to help in this situation just like it unfolded, be in major trouble, or would he be protected as in a good samaritan deed?

I don't have my CCL yet, but I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen if it were me either. Would my hickory stick be a better choice or should I be safe enough to act as this gentleman did? Thanks in advance for any replies....and thanks again for allowing me a part of this awesome forum.

7. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

In TX you can transport your gun in a car without a CCL. It needs to be out of reach and preferably in locked case or in a case with a gun lock.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

it depends on the da. move the same incident to madison wisconsin or washington dc or new york city and the ccw person would be sitting in prison for trying to stop a murder and kidnapping on school grounds with a gun...

9. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

Yes, I am aware that you can carry in your vehicle (not in open view) without having a CCL and tried to mention that in the original post but guess it was not very clear. I was asking if you take the exact same scenario but added me (unlicensed) instead of him (licensed) in the equation......would I be in "deep trouble" for doing what he did as an armed citizen? Just trying to help, but lacking a piece of paper. As stated, if I came across that situation there is no way that I could just sit by without doing anything. However, the issue/question would be if I should pull out my stick or pistol to keep myself in the least amount of legal trouble possible? A nice beating with a stick could be deadly just as a firearm is, but sticks aren't in the news these days. Was just curious. Thanks.

So in all honesty, all that saves my ass from the slammer and a possible dead woman/mother is what the DA thinks about the situation "after the fact"? I searched and could find no law or example of what I'm asking to give me the answer, so that's why I was curiously asking this here. Thanks.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

similar circumstance, yes.

that is why use of force training is CRITICAL. a good shoot is a good shoot. its that oh so short span of time you have to determine what the situation is and determine if its a good shoot or not. the liberal democratic pro-crime DA's have months and months and months to second guess and monday morning QB your actions in order to determine what outcome he needs to get the most votes in the next election. you have prolly less than a second or two to make the same decision...

One other thing. You have no more duty to save anyone than the police do. Police have absolutely zero duty to save or rescue anyone. The reason they do so is that the types of people who are inclined to save folks tend to find work as police fire emt etc.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  11. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

^^^^ Thank you....

12. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I understand well the way so many people, including LEO's, feel about stopping to help. One day I was driving in the east end of Indianapolis, and saw 2 cars stopped beside the curb of a busy street near a shopping mall. There was a woman flat on her back on the ground and some low-life jerk punching and kicking her. I stopped and got out of my car, and as I was running up to them, he turned and yelled, "She's my wi---". Before he finished the word "wife" I cold-cocked him and laid him out. Then a lady who was a friend of the "wife" helped her get into her car and left to take the battered lady to a hospital. The man's friend got him into a car and they left. There was a big crowd, probably over a hundred people standing and watching the whole thing, and nobody made any effort to help her. Soon a couple of county mounties showed up. When they questioned me about it and I told them what happened, they proceeded to laugh it up and ridicule me for being so stupid as to get involved. They said I could have been shot, etc, etc. So I was duly punished for doing what I thought was my duty. If I came upon the same situation today I'd still do the same thing, but expect to be appropriately punished for doing it.

13. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

WOW....our society continues to spiral downward while each new generation fuels it. Can't understand the morals and ethics (or lack) of humans these days.

14. St8LineGunsmith

St8LineGunsmith New Member

I commend you sir.
    I have a big problem with wife beaters:mad:
    it is indeed a sad state of affairs when people will stand idly by and allow crap like this to happen.

15. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

What is really sad is last year i was walking through my highschool after class and saw some guy smacking his "gf" for an unknown reason.

I asked him to leave the lady alone, he then decided he was going to slap around this freshy who dared to talk to a senior.

I hit him once in the solar plexus and he crumpled. I absolutely hate that this problem has spread to our schools. If i ever see it again i might do more than i did.

16. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Thank you btw.

i appreciate that you had the balls to step up and stop it.

17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Giving credit where credit is due! This was TEXAS! God Bless Texas. If the S ever hits the fan and I need to leave the mountains! I will be on my way to Texas! Where citizens are not afraid to stand up to anyone including the present Government.
    I also seen where Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been cleared of most all of the charges to this point. "That is Great!" And American with some ba--s! Kind of a rarity these days!