byf 41 mauser

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by surplusaddict, Apr 26, 2013.

1. surplusaddict

surplusaddict New Member

I picked up this k98k a couple weeks ago for $400 at cabelas in rogers,mn. The rifle is in great shape, no peened out markings, mint bore, and i took the crappy shellac off the stock. Does anyone know more info about these?

ForumRunner_20130426_222705.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mag318

mag318 Member

At that price it's more than likely a Russian Capture K98k, and it looks like a nice one.

3. surplusaddict

surplusaddict New Member

Yes, it's an RC, but at that price i guess I'll take it. I had an 1937 S/27 mauser almost original cond. I had to sell to that Cabelas. Boy did i get screwed, still sore about that one. Oh well.

4. mag318

mag318 Member

I've ownes several RCs and some have been quite spectacular. Here's a couple that had the stocks redone and quite often there is a very nice stock under the Russian shellac. RCs have allowed a lot of collectors to obtain some scarce codes they'd otherwise never find at a budget price. I hope another large stash of these comes into the country someday, I'm sure there are still some tucked away in Russian armorys.

Attached Files: