Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ts official, rock river is now making a POLYMER FRAME 1911. BLASPHEMY!!! I bet John M. Browning is rolling over in his grave. Who agrees and who disagrees?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Rusty, i like the 1911's, and i even like polymer guns, i have a couple, but i don't think the two should be combined! so with that said, i can safely say i would never buy one.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I know that we live in a world of new technology and there are some nice polymer pistols,BUT i dont think that the 1911 should be turned plastic.

Some things are just better left alone

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Just another failed attempt to improve upon perfection:mad:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't remember who they were, but read where several other manufacturers have already tried their hand at a plastic 1911 & they didn't go over very well, so were discontinued. I don't figure Rock River will have any better luck.

P.S. I don't see the advantage since weight is about the same as an aluminum framed 1911.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Depending on the price, I'm thinking about getting one someday. I would prefer a smaller model, even possible a smaller caliber, in a 1911 style. Something like a commander at the very least, or a mustang or pocket lite in the more extreme.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
I don't remember who they were, but read where several other manufacturers have already tried their hand at a plastic 1911 & they didn't go over very well, so were discontinued. I don't figure Rock River will have any better luck.

P.S. I don't see the advantage since weight is about the same as an aluminum framed 1911.
I bet the POS is railed too :(

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
I bet the POS is railed too :(
Nope, it seems to be pretty close to the classic lines of a standard government 1911.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
It's a bit lighter but... wider. Half an inch in circumference according to a gun rag i was reading. Some of that is in the grips though.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts