Bvac ammo ??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Feb 2, 2012.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

bvac 5.56 75gr hpbt tactical ammo. Anybody here have experience with this ammo and is it good and how does it compare to AE xm193 55 gr?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Why ask now? Isn't this a question you should have asked before making the purchase?

3. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I haven't used it, but I have used the AE XM193, and for plinking it is fine, although not that accurate, perhaps 2 1/2 MOA out of my RRA 5.56.

What twist is your barrel? 75 grain ammo might be a bit heavy if you're using a 1:9 twist rate.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Tree, if your twist is 1:9 I'd be wary of using 75gr ammo. Of course go ahead and try 20 rounds but don't buy in quantity until you know how your barrel handles it.

5. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

My twist is a 1:7

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well you should be good to go. Definitely try out a small quantity to see how it works with your barrel. What someone else has to say about it could be miles apart from what you find out.

7. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Got my 200 rounds of bvac 75gr 5.56 in today looks good well packaged can't wait to shoot some if it works good I will be getting more.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I know your OP said you had already ordered it but I do apologize for my statement. There has been a spike in "I purchased this, now give me your advice" threads as of late. I let the frustration get the best of me.

I ran a couple boxes of their 69 grain through an 18" 1:7 w/ decent results.

9. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

Keep in mind that every barrel and rifle is just a bit different because of manufacturing specs. Your best bet is to try a small amount of different types of ammo until you find what YOUR rifle likes best. Good luck and happy shooting.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I tried 7 different types. The Wolf was nice but the Hornaday was better.[​IMG]

11. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I don't know if this apply's to you OP. But I had much better results in my mini14 than my AR's.

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have 2 Palmetto AR both 16" 1/7 but one shoots 55 great and the other shoots 62 spot on . They are both Palmetto barrels but one is stamped Palmetto the other is not , so Im presuming they are from 2 different barrel makers . The non stamped barrel will shoot 1" groups @ 100 the stamped barrel was 2" groups @ 100 until I switched to some 62 gr HPs and its in the 1" grouping now also .