Buying Guns Online

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Did anybody see this story? It makes me mad as hell! :mad: Ive gotten all my best deals from private sellers... I dont think a store would of traded me, my Medusa for a shotgun, nor a SKS for a Springfield 1903... Who the hell are you people to tell me what I can or cannot buy/sell or how to... You guys are ruining my hussle!! All this has the same reasoning, like not being able to sell your car 'cuz the buyer might get drunk and take out some school children walking though a crosswalk...

Why do they never seem to find the "good" (lack of better term) gun owners. When they ask about selling a "assault rifle", why does nobody stand up say its just a semi-auto rifle, NOT a assault rifle..
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454#.TzPnmflABzU

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I wonder if they are going to do a story on how many knives, swords, billy clubs, and any other weapons that get sold through Craigslist....lol yeah right. Well it seems they have the other side of the story in the comments they are getting, but let's hope those anti gun elected officials don't see this "story" and try to do something stupid!

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

More media fear-mongering.

4. Jon12312

Jon12312 New Member

I just dont understand how they think... If a criminal is going to kill someone, they will kill them regardless. YES Guns kill people, but so does fire, drugs, car accidents, baseball bats, water, electricity... And my list could go on for days. The point is you can ban it but its not going to solve the problem.

5. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I want to know what website they used to buy those guns ? Cause the ones like gun broker you need an FFL on the guns that I have looked at .I am not sure about all the guns on there. But I call BS on that whole interview all they could say was that guns are bad and why would you need to own one unless you are a drug dealer or a mass murderer. I hate the liberal media!

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Craigslist and others like that. They are not buying these guns and having them sent to their home they are setting up a meeting. Much like how I sold a few couches and bought my kitchen table.

Scary thought, you can buy and sell cars in the same manner and they are far more deadly than guns.

7. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

My question is, how many responsible gun owners/sellers rejected their sale before they found all those yahoo's??? Bet there was alot but they will never tell because the whole point is to inject fear and give the anti-gun crowd more fuel for the fire :rolleyes: Number one reason that if i sell a gun, i sell it to someone i know (which is a risk within itself but at least i know they are not a criminal before i sold them a gun) or i'll take the hit and sell it to a gun shop. The last thing i want is that knock on the door from a LEO and having to explain that i sold the gun that killed one or more people.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Craigslist does not permit posting guns. Put one on there, they will pull it within a few minutes.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I found it amusing when they described the Yugo SKS as
    . It had about the same tapco stuff on it as my Norinco. Perhaps the morons don't know the difference between a magazine and a bullet and presumed the tapco removable mags (looked like) to be from an AK-47.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

'Gello, they had to find SOME way to get AK47 into their story.....:rolleyes:

11. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I couldn't even read the entire article. After I read "police grade pistol" and "semi-automatic assault rifle" I could no longer read the article. Not to mention they also said they bought a ".50 caliber gun capable of taking down a helicopter." Heck, I could take down a helicopter with a firework or even a potato cannon. Not to mention I have NEVER heard of criminals shooting down police helicopters with .50s. I find it hard to imagine your average criminal will by a .50 to attack enemy gangs. Back to the police grade pistols. I guess that means they were able to buy a Glock, good for them.

12. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Ya craigslist is not a valuable site to buy guns. I can count on one hand how many ads I have seen guns for sale. Here in the Austin area

13. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Yeah, 'police grade' pistol was pretty ridiculous to write.

14. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

were those actually real people from ads or were they working with them. Didn't a news report awhile back blow up some trucks and blame it on faulty gas tanks or where they were placed on a vehicle.

15. vincent

vincent New Member

I learned from another FTF member that you can in fact sell a gun on CL...IE: 1 ad says barrel and slide for sale, 2nd ad says mags for sale, 3rd ad says frame for sale, I guess selling them "separately" isn't impossible...

Yep, that was a long time ago, Dateline NBC. They rigged the trucks in their tests to explode on impact. (Gas tanks mounted outside the frame) And not long after the show aired they were made to retract their claims and apologize for misleading people. Their "tests" were fabricated and bogus, I remember because I was driving one of the Chevys in question at the time...:eek:

16. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I got scared when I found out I had a police grade weapon. What should I do now!! That video was total bull.

17. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Hey I am trying to fight with you . I know they sell guns on CL cause I have e mailed on a couple of them . But what they Were saying is there are websites out there that are dedicated to selling guns without an FFL. Maybe I am not looking in the right spots I don't know . I don't just surf the web looking I only buy from gun shops

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Trying to fight with me!? I guess that'll be okay, meet me behind the clubhouse in 5 mins, if I'm not there, start without me! :D:cool:

I don't buy off the web much either, maybe once or twice...damn Mosins...

19. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

LoL no it was a mistake I meant to say not trying to fight.

20. vincent

vincent New Member

That's what I thought but I just felt like runnin' with it :D