Buying glock 45

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by martyd, Jan 30, 2012.

1. martyd

martyd New Member

Last year I was going to buy a glock and every time I start looking I end up getting a diff gun. I bought 2 -s&w and 2 sp 101 ruger . I want a glock 45 in a 5in barrel with fiber op site at 56 years old I just cannot see close anymore. Tarage shotting is what I want the glock for. I was going to get a 40 but was told the 45 has less kick then the 40 cal . I was also Told to get a 9 mil lot less money in bullets. I have lots of questions to be answers. Can any one help me with this, I do know glock is what I want with fiber opt sites and 5 in barrel. This time I'm getting the gun. Thank you Marty d.

2. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

You would have to go with aftermarket sites as Glock doesn't offer any factory fiber optic sites on any of their models. Obviously the 9mm is the least expensive and the model 34 with it's longer barrel would be a great target/competition gun and the oversized magazine release and slide release are a huge plus, too. The Glock 21 can be very accurate but if you are going to do bullseye shooting I don't know that the G21 is the right one to choose. If it's USPSA or IDPA or even bowling pin style where you blend speed and accuracy then the Glock 21 is very much at home there, in fact up until last month I shot a Glock 21 exclusively in IDPA and never ever felt outgunned by any other manufacturer or model of .45.

3. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

9mm is def the cheapest to buy. The g 21 has a 4.61 barrel length, but you could always buy an extended barrel

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

For target shooting I'd also get a 9mm for the cheaper ammo and lighter recoil. (In fact I have 7 of them.) But 45ACP is a great caliber if that's what you really want. Nothing wrong with a Glock in .40S&W either, all three of my Glocks are .40s.

I have 64 year old eyes and like the TFO fiber optic sights on a Glock. You might take a look at them.

5. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

If you go for the G-20 you will be able to shoot both .45ACP and 10mm by switching out the barrel.

6. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

My g-30 with a tac light 13 rd with extended grip and has the internal laser with night sights. 45 is the way to go!

Attached Files: