Buying decision on G17

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Powersportgiant, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

A friend has approached me on purchasing his used (200 rounds) G17 GEN4 for. $400.00. Price seems fair to me, any forum members want to back this up? Give me your .02 please !

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

A very good price IMO. Specially it only fired for 200 rounds only.

3. Glore

Glore New Member

That's a very fair price (on your part).

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

That would be a dang good buy. I'd jump on that

5. Glock17-4

Glock17-4 New Member

I paid 600 for mine new. Great piece. Very easy to customize.

Chris

6. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I never pay more than 55 cents on a dollar. There very common which drives the price down a little. Just bought a 1st Gen 19 yesterday lnib for $225. I think a lot of the price you pay for all firearms depends on what state you live in. Different gun laws and such. I bought a used Mossberg 500 for bird season and paid $135. I see what they go for on GB & what people pay for on forums & it makes me cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Great gun, great price if you want a 17Gen4!

8. Transman

Transman New Member

I just gave 650.00 for a new 17L today to go with my 24.Sounds like a good price to me.I just love me some long slides!

9. Powersportgiant

Thanks for the advise guys, offered him $350 and it's in my possession now. Looking forward to range report !

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

More advice, if he's a true friend and you want to keep him as a friend then give him the extra $50. Sounds like he was desperate and the gun is well worth $400.

11. Glore

Glore New Member

I would LOVE to find a Glock deal like that, Message me directly if you find anything like that again

12. Powersportgiant

I agree with this but he was in no tough situation, just was not a "glock" guy as he stated. Gun shop offered him $300 so he was tickled to death with the $350 price. I did throw in a PMAG for his new AR too...

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Agree to Quentin's comment!

14. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

+1

Even with the LEO deal from Glock, I still paid $450 for my G22 Gen4 NIB. I bought a G23 Gen3 off a buddy for $400 and have no regrets.

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That's what I was thinking... $450 for a Gen4 is a great price because most of us don't get the LE/Mil discount - so getting a Gen4 for $350 is almost unheard of.

I don't understand why the guy was going to sell it to a gun shop for $300 either! I'd learn to like Glock first! :p

Anyway, nice buy, OP ... and you might want to check out Glock's free Gen4 RSA upgrade. A couple months ago I posted a thread in this forum with a link to the Glock page.

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Ahhh! The sound of fairness! Like a fresh breeze blown into our lives. :)

17. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I really got to get on the ball. I really haven't had to deal with shipping. Im getting closer though because I'm thinking about thing the herd. It's just a matter of Capitalism. Sell were you can get the most money & that's defiantly GB & forums. I even have a C&R.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk