Buying cleaning kit.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by xcoreyyyx, Jul 5, 2012.

1. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dont need rods with that kit. Otis is different than most of the other kits out there in that they use cables and you pull the brush or patch through. Less chance of scratching anything that way.
    I have never used the other stuff you have there except for Kroil. That's definitely good stuff.
    Bore Tech makes some nice rods I think, or Dewey.

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I use Tipton 1pc 26" deluxe carbon fiber rod. Check it out from Midwayusa.com

3. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Oxpho blue is as good as it comes. Experiment on a junker before messing up on a keeper though.

4. accessdenied01

accessdenied01 New Member

I wanna get the otis elite cleaning kit

5. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

6. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

The Otis kit is really nice, you have every thing in it that you could possibly need for every caliber. it has patches and solution and everything, simply drop the cable thru the barrel, attach a jag or brush and pull it thru, everything comes out the front of the barrel instead of in the action. It also has a belt loop on the back and you can actually carry it on your belt with you while you hunt. I picked mine up at the Shot Show in 2003. Its about time for another one.

I particularly like the fiber optic bore "light".

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Thanks everyone for commenting. I will check out the things that you all have mentioned. I have seen bore lights I usually just have a flashlight at the end shining it in there. One of the super bright ones.