Buying an AK variant soon

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by bmatt1, Jul 23, 2011.

1. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

what are things i need to look for and avoid? i keep hearing about the dimple above the mag well, absolutely necessary or not that important? i plan on modifying it to the point that the only thing original left on it it the barrel and reciever. all the furniture is getting swapped out eventually

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you plan on doing a ton of work just get an inexpensive WASR-10 Romey and go from there.

3. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

that is exactly what i got and only spent 400 on it.

4. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Ouch! :eek:

5. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

you spent how much !

You spent 400 on a waser-10?
    I would have bought a Saiga and saved 50 bucks
    They are hit or miss I hope you got a good one. Have you checked mag fit?
    Also no dimples or dimples?

6. Korey

Korey New Member

wasr-10's go for 599 here

7. chevyforlife1972nova

buy one offline?

I am trying right now to buy a saiga for 350 bucks in 223,7.62 or 5.45 but none of the gun shops around here will do the transfer
    I havent been to a gun show in like 4 months so maybe they are 599 around here now I have seen the good the bad and the ugly of those waser's

8. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

its brand new. no dimples but there are rivets where the dimples should be. it came with two mags and a bayonet. both mags fit fine and i tried a few of my buddy's mags and they all fit. everything is tight, it has a tapco trigger, and its brand new never been fired. its pretty clean. the furniture is all smooth, no scratches or stain or anything.

9. chevyforlife1972nova

nice

tapco trigger group is a plus. Is there any mag wiggle or anything?
    If not you got a good one :D

10. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

no thats the first thing i checked was any wiggle at all in the gun. everything is pretty solid. im not an expert in AKs but i think i got a decent deal. ive yet to shoot it because i still dont know where i can take it to shoot legally around here.