Buying ammo

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by vmp100, May 29, 2013.

1. vmp100

vmp100 New Member

Had to get up at 5:30 am just to be at walmart buy 6:15 am to get in line to buy ammo for my 9mm / and your only allowed one box per customer

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Smacks of WWII rationing! :eek:

3. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Try GUNBOT.NET or AMMOSEEK.COM. Used both many times. :)

4. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Ya this crap is rediculous!!!

5. racer1

racer1 New Member Supporter

Shoot some thing other than your 9mm. Lots of 40's and 45's available. I picked up 500 rounds of Korean 9mm at Cabela's last weekend for $13 bx. Lots on the shelf no limit. Bulk 40's and 45's also . No 22lr's. Wally had 22short bricks cheap picked up a couple, haven't had the old gallery gun out in years or my Beretta pocket pistol. Guess I will be shooting those this week.

Dave

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I guess that may depend on where you live. I haven't seen a supply of service caliber ammo in the Pacific Northwest since King Barry's second coronation. I slowly built up a good supply of bulk ammo as well as premium over the years before the current shortage, so I'm not desperate enough to buy imported stuff yet. I guess in some respect, that makes me a prepper and this is a SHTF situation; I was prepared.

7. bbertram

bbertram New Member

Kentucky gun company has WOLF 9mm FMJ in stock at ~ 12.19 a box , this morning. WOLF shoots sooty, but reliably goes "bang" . I picked up some WOLF .45, at 17.89 /50 .

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have been getting federal 9mm FMJ for $14 per 50 count box. Walmart corporate policy is 3 boxes per customer per day. Any store that is limiting customers to one box per customer is overstepping corporate policy. I would write walmart corporate to report the store manager who is limiting customers to one box of ammo per day.

9. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Same here with out Walmarts - 3 boxes max regardless of count. Gotta get up early and get in line. They sell til they run out which is usually before they reach the end of the line of those waiting.

I agree with johnr1943 - gunbot and ammoseek do work. You can sort by cost per round and only show where in stock.

I bought 100 rnds .308 Win online for $40.00 plus s&h. Still a good deal. Add your s&h then divide the total by the number of rounds to calculate the cost per round.

10. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

Went to Denny Dennis Sporting Goods here in St. Louis the other day and they had two shelves full of 9mm 115 and 124 grain. I asked the lady behind the counter what the limit was and she said no limit. I bought 5 boxes. They only ammo they did not have was .380. I could not believe it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Move to Texas, USA :)

12. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Just got back from the grand opening of the new Tacoma, WA Surplus Ammo and Arms. . ... the shelves looked pretty good.

Firearms are back with a vengeance and the ammo is showing up. Some prices are acceptable.

Let's see what the Washington Arms Collector Gun Show offers today!

13. racer1

racer1 New Member Supporter

Picked up 500 rds. 9mm 115 fmj @ Wally yesterday $13 a box Federal. Got a bulk box of 45's 500 230's fmj's at Fleet Farm today $200. Ammo is finally showing up. Except 22's here in Minneapolis.

Dave

14. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

We went to Bass Pro today, the Federal rep was there and said they are making 15,000,000 rounds PER DAY of 22LR. 24/7/365. Said all facilities are cranking full speed and they are desperately trying to keep up. He said that they expect to see all calibers coming in (BP had 22LR and I scored a box of 9MM that was stashed in the shotgun shell area :D )and they expect it to come into the commercial sector soon.

Not the greatest news, but it's a start. We are seeing LOTS of steel Wolf, Tula, and Tula Brass (nice shooting stuff!) in AZ.

15. MountainMan864

MountainMan864 New Member

Crap tons of ammo at our local armory

16. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Ive heard from a couple sources (Sales lady at Walmart for one) that the Govt is buying ammo they dont use or need and dumping it in the ocean. They cant control weapons so they are limiting the ammo. Guns dont make too good of clubs.