Buying a XD40(all black)

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by rstarlin23, Nov 22, 2011.

1. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

I'm looking to purchase a used XD40 40 cal pistol and I was wondering if you all would ever buy a used XD40 with slight holstering marks on the top part of the pistol?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its just personal taste. Slight holster wear marks dont concern me if its a really good deal and everything is functional. If its an issue for you and its a great deal just have it refinished. Xds arent collector or historical pieces by any stretch

3. dmp

dmp New Member

I would, and did. :)

4. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

@JonM are they very expensive to refinish? And the price is $439.99

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

At that price its prolly a wash between refinish and buying new.

If your going to have to refinish it to not keep it eating on ya prolly better to save up a bit if money is a issue.

Refinishes run from 50-150$ depending on who does it and what finish is to be used.

I would plan on 200$ if you dont know the type to cover shipping both ways.

So worn guns would have to be less than that to cover the costs of having it redone. So max your talking spending nearly 650$ which is way over new costs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  6. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

Just the slide needs to be refinished,everything else is in great shape

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had one in 9mm & liked it (not enuff to keep it tho):rolleyes:
    As for a few marks, just goes to show it worked good enuff to use & or carry - If you carry or use it it'll get more marks- :cool:

8. rstarlin23

rstarlin23 New Member

@HOSSFLY so true...I have the option of a Walther P99QA 9mm(perfect condition) or the SA XD40 40 cal with very little slide marks. Kinda leaning toward the SA. Is the two tone SA with the aluminum slide any better for resisting damage?

9. Foozerman

Foozerman New Member

Go with the. 40 if they were both. 40s id go with the Walther. I have both.

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i bought a used xd 40. it was my first pistol purchase and i love it. it fits well is great to shoot. has had no issues. but i paid 350. and it was worth it