Buying a Used Marlin Model 60

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by galapogos, Jun 28, 2012.

1. galapogos

galapogos New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a used Marlin Model 60.

What are the best places to look for one in South Florida ?

Thx

2. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Pawn shops are full of cheap 22's

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes they are. Usually guns people thinks is junk but really just needs a GOOD cleaning.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

See if armslist posts in your area, or find a gun show.

5. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

6. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

7. tigerbeetle

tigerbeetle New Member

Pawn shops and LGS generally have one or two in their racks. I have bought several for grandkids and cleaned them up. I don't believe I paid more the 70$ or so for any of them. Some of the old Savages (clickity claks) are just as good.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Another vote for pawn shops. I've bought a few over the years from places like that and usually they need a serious cleaning but you can find a pretty good gun for a small price tag.

Some years ago I found an AMT Lightning 25/22 in a pawn shop for under 100 bucks. They are a copy of the Ruger 10/22 and where forced to stop making them after Ruger spanked them. This rifle has a stainless steel receiver that's dovetailed for mounting glass and a 24" bbl. It's go tras but ugly poly/plastic stock but the thing shoots better than some other 10/22's I have here with much more money in them. Probably one of the best buys I ever made.
    ..HEH..Even come with two (ruger) mags. I've come to love pawn shop guns since then. Same place I got a stainless loaded Springfield 9mm 1911 that had a killer trigger job done to it, flared mag well and 4 mags. All of 500 bucks!

It's worth trolling the pawn shops now and then ;)