Buying a glock

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by potentialglock, Aug 4, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

So I'm about to get CCW and I'm pretty set on getting a glock as my carry weapon. Now I'm just curious what would be a good carry glock? I like the glock 19 and don't wanna go too much smaller because then I just can't handle the weapon well. What guns and holsters would y'all recommend?

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I have two different holsters. One OWB Blackhawk serpa and one IWB N82 pro tactical holster for my Glock 35. Here's a pic. I really like my IWB.

image-1590325591.jpg

3. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

The best Glock in my opinion is the Glock you left on the dealer's shelf to buy your XD. Just my opinion.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The 19 is a very good size for carry unless you live someplace that gets really hot and you can't dress to the gun. Here in GA near the FL border I have to switch down to my 26 or to my S&W Airweight when it is shorts and tee shirt weather to avoid printing.

Crossbreed or Theis make good in the waist band holsters. Don Hume makes some good belt holsters.

5. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The G 19 is a great size gun, then the G26/27 for the sub-compact. If you are looking for a 26/27 put it beside a G 19/23 and see how little difference there is between the two. Like SSGN said if you can dress for the gun go with the bigger one, if not small is the only option sometimes.

A great holster and good belt will always help out regardless of what you carry.

6. potentialglock

Unfortunately I live in Virginia so its T-shirt and shorts weather very often

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

This is your first post here?

I’m sure you know there’s more to a handgun than having a CCW. How much actual, in your hands, firearm shooting experience do you have? If it’s limited, go to a class first, really.

After my class was over, we were able to handle and shoot lots of different types of handguns. I had thought I was going to get a small single stack 9mm Kahr. It turned out for me the small guns are harder to hold and on to and rack than bigger guns.

I did end up with a G19. The simplicity of a consistent trigger action showed in my groups, not to mention its operation and cleaning. My point is, if all you know is what you read, without actually shooting a variety of firearms. You’re doing yourself an injustice.

Had I to do it over, I may have gone for S&W M&P .22 & 9mm, instead of the Rugar 22/45 & G19.

8. cheftonyb

cheftonyb New Member

Go to rockyourglock.com and check out the MIC Razor. Minimal inside carry. U will love it at $22

9. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

I have a blackhawk Serpa for OWB and an Uncle Mikes cheap little holster for inside the waistband. Its only $10 and is flimsy, however it serves its purpose very well. Gun stays in place and I hardly know its there

10. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

And as a side note like many have said a collection of holsters is always a must have. I only have the 2 right now but eventaully want to get to 5-6. A kydex is next on my list

11. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

The glock 23 (what I carry) is the same size as a 19 but in .40S&W. Check them out if you like. The best holster I've found is the max tuck by white hat holsters. www.whitehatholsters.com It's basically the same exact thing as the crossbreed, but with more adjustability, interchangeable kydex shells that can be purchased for $20 to fit other guns if you like to change your carry weapon for whatever reason and don't want to buy a holster for each gun, and they're lower in price than the crossbreed. I'm not connected to the company in any way but I'm completely sold on the product. I have a $300 custom made holster that sits at home in a drawer because it's not as good as the max tuck. And the max tuck can be found for around $50-60

12. cj84

cj84 New Member

Get a 45 acp I absolutely love my 30. I shoot it better than my 19.

13. danolator

danolator New Member

G19 Gen 4 w/Crossbreed IWB shorts & tee all day long. Go baggy.

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

The 26 is nice.

Attached Files:

• 2207.jpg
      2207.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  15. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Doesnt even have to be baggy per say, but a little big or loose.

Sundays i do love me some basketball shorts lol dark tee or muscle shirt. Its hot down here in Texas, some of yall dont know!

16. potentialglock

I've fired plenty of handguns and personally don't like sub compacts because my hands are too big for them. I wouldn't want my life to depend on something I'm not comfortable with.

17. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

I normally dont like subs either, and I dnt even knoe if it technically qualifies as a Sub compact, but I love the feel on a G36 .45 ACP. Want that as a back up

18. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I am a Glock fan and a 40cal fan. I have a G22 and a G27.

19. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  20. clem_

clem_ New Member

Do yourself a favor and forget the glock! buy a XD.