Buying a .22lr online

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by HGwarhawk, Mar 5, 2012.

1. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Is it a pain? Is it safe? I live in topeka Kansas, is it even legal? I want to because you don't have to give into peer pressure and i know exactly what I am getting thanks!

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I order online ammo when I find a good deal. Besides, Buffalo Bore ammo is not sold around here, and through UPS is the only way I can get it. The ammo supplier will know if he can ship ammo to Kansas. I doubt you will have problems with shipping. Firearms...Yes, Ammo...No.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's a cake-walk!

Tell us what rimfire (rifle or pistol model #) you're interested in getting and I bet you will get several suggestions where to buy. ;)

4. vincent

vincent New Member

It's perfectly legal, as long you're of legal AGE! ;) Just sayin'...:cool:

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it is legal, yes, it is safe- IF you do it the right way.

For ammo- yes, you can buy on line- it must be shipped to a physical address, and an adult must sign for the package.

For firearms- there are several sites that conduct firearm auctions- notably gunbroker.com, auctionarms,com, and gunsamerica.com. There are other local sites that permit you to post a gun for sale- too many to list here.

When buying a gun, the gun MUST be shipped to a FFL (dealer) in your home state if it is crossing a state line- Federal law. Your dealer that you select sends a copy of his license to the seller, who ships to that dealer. You then go see the dealer, and do the same paperwork as if buying from that dealer.

Remember that you will pay the seller for the gun, and shipping costs, and pay your dealer for his time in doing the transfer. There is no set cost for that- up to the dealer. Typically around $25 but can be more or less.

On those 3 sites you can also look at the feedback of the seller- good, bad, and neutral. If a seller has a bunch of good feedback, then you will be likely to have a good experience also.

auctionarms.com has a 3 day right of return (unfired) for any reason. You will still pay shipping both ways, but get your money back.

6. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Looking for the marlin xt 22 or the marlin 925 brand new

7. Westy

Westy New Member

I buy most of my guns online, usually through Gunbroker. I buy a few at Cabelas when they have a sale and a $$ off coupon. I've never been stung, except for once when I bought an AR-15 upper on EBay, back when that was legal. I kinda feel sorry for retailers in a way because they have the overhead and can't sell as cheap as many of the online sellers.

Just but something reliable and you'll never have to worry about service.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

The 925 you'll pretty much have to find on an online auction...NIB or used...
    You can always upgrade to a Boyd's stock for 'em...so if you find an inexpensive beater...easy stock switches! :)

10. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member