Buying 2 handguns

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by sawfish, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sawfish

sawfish New Member

First post here, joined a few days ago and been doing alot of reading. I am working on a deal with my neighbor to buy the following guns and thought I would see what your guys thoughts were. The first one is a 22 revolver 9 shot H&R it appears to be in very good condition and the second one is a Post war 9mm Browning high power that has some scuff marks. The way it stands right now I am looking at a total cost of $450.00 which I think is a good deal. I already have a 9mm USP H&K and a 44mag Super Black Hawk but feel the need to add a couple more to the collection. So what are some thoughts on this potential purchase??

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Welcome to the forum. Usually the new members stop by the Introduction Thread and, well....introduce themselves. :D

As for your purchases, have you seen what the HiPowers go for? :)

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

If it's a real Hi Power (not an FEG or one of the clones) - that is a steal...

4. sawfish

sawfish New Member

From what I remember it is the real thing, I will have to make sure before the deal is finished. He had some others he was selling so my head got kinda full after looking at them all.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

You should go browse Gunbroker.com to get an idea of the high end of that price spectrum. :)

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If it is a "real" Browning regardless of where it was made, $450 for it alone is a good deal.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

That friend Robo is an understatement...

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Buy it if it's a real Browning in good shape. Then you'll have the H&R as a free bonus.

9. sawfish

sawfish New Member

Ok, I went and looked at it agian last night and it is a Browing for sure, it had "Canada" on the slide. I have the serial # for it, where would I be able to find out more about it?? I did go to the Gunbroker website and found one just like it, the one on there website called it a "INGLIS Browning high power" with a paint like finish and lanyard ring. They wanted close to $700.00 for it so I guess the one I am looking at is a steal.
    Thanks for all the help on this.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Just give the man his money and walk away really fast. :cool:

11. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

No kidding..!! $450 for both? Where the heck am I when deals like that are offered:mad:

12. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

holy crap what a steal! Post some pictures if the deal goes through.

13. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

AN INGLIS HI POWER FOR $450!!!!!! BUY it and run fast what a deal.

14. Franchise

Franchise New Member

NO NO, Don't buy that old Browning for $450. Offer him $100 for the pair and no more. By the way, what is this gentleman's name and where is he? I'd like to have a word or two with him:D

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here is the S/Ns for the American sales;

Browning Hi-Power History: MGW

I'm still looking for the Canada numbers.

Found it! http://www.ai4fr.com/main/page_militaria__collectibles_canada_inglis.html

No.1 MK I* production dates by serial number.

Feb. through May 1944 = CH1 - CH1014
    June 1944 = CH1015 - CH8014
    July 1944 = CH8015 - 1CH0045
    Aug. 1944 = 1CH0046 - 1CH6077
    Sept. 1944 = 1CH6078 - 1CH6099
    Oct. 1944 = 1CH6100 - 1CH6576
    June 1945 = 1CH6589 - 1CH7588
    July 1945 = 1CH7589 - 2CH3588
    Aug. through Oct. = 2CH3589 - 5CH9928

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  16. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Don't buy the Browning. It's cursed. Have him contact me immediately. Only I know what needs to happen to it.

17. sawfish

sawfish New Member

Well I bought the pair of pistols. I am unsure if I like the Browing or not, I have only had time to fire off 2 clips so far. One of the clips tends to make the gun jam and the other clip(aftermarket) seems to be just fine which makes me think that the problem is the clip being worn out. I want to play with it some more before I decide what to do with it. I am thinking that I might actually sell it and buy a nice concealable pistol for when I get my permit. I will try to get some pictures of it soon.
    Thanks to all for your input on this purchase.

18. Viking

Viking Active Member

And don't grin or down the line they may hate you if they really find out what it was worth.

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Lucky Guy

I'm surrounded by tree huggers and this fellow has a neighbor offering and Inglis Browning Hi Power for $450.00 with and H&R .22 as what? A bonus?:confused:

Take the deal...and enjoy that Browning:)

20. tekarra

tekarra New Member

An Inglis for $450? Don't hesitate! For more information on the Inglis, may I suggest you visit hipowertalk.com. There are some very knowledgeable people who have posted a number of articles on Inglis.