buyin a sig!

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Sgtdeath, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Sgtdeath

Sgtdeath New Member

So I am buying a Sig sp 2022 and am curious what everyone thinks about it

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Where I live, the price can be all over the place on the P2022.

I think it's an excellent gun for under $500. But I've also seen local dealers asking $600+ for them...which would be beyond my consideration. It's not that I can't pay that, but at a certain point other options (XDm) simply become more viable for my tastes.

The SP2022 is a really solid pistol, and can be found around $400 online. So I think you're doing just fine (provided the guns fits you well) if you pick one up locally for south of $500.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Where I am you can't even look at one for less then $650.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  5. Sgtdeath

Sgtdeath New Member

I'm getting mine for 438, it's a two tone. Black slide with coyote brown lower. It's very sexy!

6. ojom

ojom New Member

Picked mine up for just under $500. Haven't shot it a lot yet but love it so far. Had to hide it from the wife she shot it and tried to steal it.

7. IvanHawk

IvanHawk New Member

I have the 9mm. A solid gun. Nice trigger. Drops back to good lineup after each round. I don't shoot bargain ammo but it hasn't jammed in 500rds. Only dislike is the plastic spring guide but their are metal replace my units out there. I have decided to shoot mine until the plastic fails. It seems to be holding up well. Also I went with cheaper contest sights and I like these. Durable or an all-around beater gun.

8. Mouser

Mouser Member

when pricing a weapon, I go to Guns America to get a good cross section of pricing...take out the high prices and the lowest price and you should be able to find one somewhere towards the lower half...the real question is how much do you value it at? Anything SIG is going to be good...great reputation earned over time and use.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

An all-around top notch handgun. It is still somewhat undervalued in the US, but is the top selling SIG in Europe. It is equal in quality to any in the P-series. It is respected among the SIG instructors (which is not necessarily true for just any SIG). Buy with confidence.

10. isaac007

isaac007 New Member

I bought one about 3 months ago and loved it the first time I picked it up at the store. Went right to the range and loved it even more.

11. pat701

pat701 New Member

Love it, a best buy IMHO.:D

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I have it in .40cal. One of my favorite pistols. I got mine for $409 with the Sig laser. Shoots nice and feels good. It's the only weapon I own that I have left semi stock, except the guide rod. Not a fan of polymer guide rods. I put in a SpringCo guiderod, it's good to go. I actually like the feel of the trigger. All my other rifle and handguns all have trigger upgrades. Great gun out of the box. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1407522985.067148.jpg

13. scottr73

scottr73 New Member

Love my 40 cal SP2022! I have run around 500 rounds thru with no real issues.

14. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

15. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I Shot my Friends' California 2022 in 9, about 40 rounds worth, on Sunday, and I'm not sure I like the Decocker that much but I guess you get used to it. It was pretty good from the 5-25 Yards distances we shot at. It was Comparable to most other Guns we have shot in this category. It is slimmer and lighter then the SR9, BHP, and "92" pattern Guns. I Also Played with a HK Sunday, and the SIG is lighter then the HK too..

16. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Why wouldn't you like the decocker?