Buyer Q?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Sniper75, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper75

Sniper75 New Member

Ok so gunna get my tax return here soon and was wondering what I should do with it? I decided to buy a new gun!(I actually have been plotting for months now hehe) But I am active duty here in great ol' California. So that's a downfall( I really hate this place ) I know what I want to buy and who to buy it from. Its an online website i want to buy from.I will NOT have it shipped to CA. So here is my series of questions.

1. Can I have it shipped to my front door(ie parents/grandparents?) in AZ?
    2. If not do I have it sent to an ffl dealer or a gun shop?
    3. Any problems buying online that I should be aware of?
    4. Any general dos or don'ts would be helpful.

Btw

image-1666102154.jpg

This is what I will be purchasing. I have done ALOT of research on it read at least 25 or more reviews and after 8 months of searching for one last weekend I found someone who had it. I fell in love.

Thanks for your time!!

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Federal law- you may purchase a firearm from a resident of your state of residence

You may not purchase handgun in another state. You may purchase a LONG gun from a dealer in another state IF it does violate state law. CA does NOT allow their residents to buy at a dealer's premises in another state.

When transferring ownership of a gun across a state line (except for inheritance) the gun must go TO a FFL in your state of residence.

You have not been able to have a gun "shipped to your door" since 1968, unless it was sold by the CMP, or you have a FFL. (Or live on a remote island in Alaska, etc)

You really need to get out more often, bro! :p

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

AND you're admittedly guilty of numerous straw purchases.

IBTL.

5. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Seriously scary post Sniper.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

We're not going to encourage illegal activities here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.