Firearms Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up about GunZoneDeals.com.
I purchased a handgun from this website and received a shipping notification that my item had shipped 3 days later.
GREAT!!! Not bad service.....I thought. It all goes downhill from here.
It shipped next day air via FedEx. I waited a few days and contacted my FFL and they said they had not received it so I contacted GunZoneDeals via their support website for a tracking number. I was sent a reply stating the handgun had been delivered the previous day so I phoned my FFL back. He confirmed that they had not received the firearm and requested that I provide confirmation of delivery. I emailed GunZoneDeals back asking for proof of delivery and they provided it. I phoned my FFL back and gave him the info and he said we have nobody here by that name, but I will check my cameras recordings for the past few days to verify someone had not signed for it.

The next day he phoned me back and asked for the FedEx tracking number. I guess he immediately contacted FedEx. Their first reply was that the item was delivered to the wrong location and they had found it but were waiting for "ship to " verification before tendering the package to them. Another 2 days went by and he contacted FedEx again- this time he was told the package was lost or stolen and tell me to file a claim.

I contacted GunZoneDeals via phone several times leaving a VERY detailed message informing them the weapon was lost or stolen and THEY need to fie a claim as the firearm was not mine until I went through my FFL and had it registered to me.

After a few more days I also informed them that I had stopped payment with my credit card company because I did not want a lost or stolen then recovered firearm without the correct documentation as to it's transit history. I also sent them the link to required ATF forms to report the firearm lost or stolen via email along with a link to the LAW that they had 48 hours to report this.

I got complete silence for almost 3 weeks- then I get a notification that "my firearm" has shipped. I immediately responded notifying them I cancelled the order when the gun went missing.
They replied that they want to CONFIRM that I want to cancel this order. I replied YES- I cancelled it when the gun went missing, lost or stolen!

I figured this was the end of it and went to another online vendor and purchased the same firearm and got it the next day. (From Arizona to Georgia and in my hands the very next day.)

I thought all was good until I get a "refund" from GunZoneDeals for @ $150 less than what I paid. The refund went nowhere because I had the merchant blocked when they returned zero of my phone calls and I put the "lost or stolen" gun in dispute. They also sent me a VERY SNIDE email stating my account had been locked, my IP address blocked and I would be hearing from their collections company. They said "I guess you did not read our "terms and conditions" before you cancelled your order. They also stated they would be adding $100 for the CC chargeback, plus a fee of 30% of the transaction, plus 40% collections fees and I will be contacted by them shortly to settle this balance.
Please do not reach out again. You have wasted enough of our time and resources. <------REALLY??? A firearm was lost or stolen and I get zero response concerning it's where-abouts???

WTF??? They do not respond when the firearm went missing for 3 weeks and then THIS??? I sent them 1 last email detailing the entire process including the ATF links and a link to the law. I copied the ATF this time. If they did not follow the law and report the lost or stolen firearm in 48 hours of notification I hope they get spanked severely!

Just be forewarned- this site is shady and I do not recommend dealing with them AT ALL. BUYER BEWARE!

·
Administrator
1,485 Posts
@chauss - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@chauss - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?
Will do sir! I just wanted to warn other 2A brothers and sisters as soon as I could so I jumped directly into the post.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
They are a legitimate on line gun dealer but, they don’t carry much inventory, so your gun was possibly drop shipped from another source. That may account for their lack of information on the whereabouts of your gun during shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are a legitimate on line gun dealer but, they don’t carry much inventory, so your gun was possibly drop shipped from another source. That may account for their lack of information on the whereabouts of your gun during shipping.
Yes- I have purchased from them before. The item was listed as in stock (which makes one assume- (IN THEIR WAREHOUSE)). Drop-shipping still does not excuse the poor customer service for a lost or stolen firearm. I purchased the firearm from them, they at least owed me responses to my inquiries as to where the firearm was and the requisite paperwork from the ATF showing proper tracking and recovery. I had no way to contact the drop shipper nor did my FFL. My FFL did all the work tracking it down with FedEx. It was the sellers responsibility according to the ATF. Drop shipping is no excuse for piss-poor customer service. They washed their hands of it.....make sure you read the fine print in their agreement before you purchase from them! They assume no liability for shipping, but the ATF states otherwise.
They were the FFL on record for the sale.

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
chauss

Thanks for the warning.
I despise companies who do not take care of their customers. I worked for several years after retiring from the Metro PD for a company who manufactured weapons. And still associated with them and two other weapon manufacturers at the present time. But customer service is Number One!
And I assure you the ATF has no sense of humor when it comes to not reporting stolen or lost weapons within the time requirement!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have purchased several guns online like that- never had an issue before. BUT- things are different now- specially with the delivery services. FedEx has especially degenerated to untrustworthy. AND- they may not be the only ones. Credibility seems to have vanished in a lot of businesses lately.
Just recently I made 3 different ammo orders from 2 different vendors on different days. They all shipped on the same day. 1 came UPS and 2 Fedex. UPS brought it to my door and rung my doorbell. FedEx took it to my neighbors house. My address #s are clearly posted above my door and very visible from the road. My neighbors house has no posted address anywhere. PLUS- those drives have GPS locators on their trucks. That driver must have known he was at the wrong address.
Now- I am not saying at all that FedEx was your problem.... I'm just pointing out that it may no longer be safe to order online?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have purchased several guns online like that- never had an issue before. BUT- things are different now- specially with the delivery services. FedEx has especially degenerated to untrustworthy. AND- they may not be the only ones. Credibility seems to have vanished in a lot of businesses lately.
Just recently I made 3 different ammo orders from 2 different vendors on different days. They all shipped on the same day. 1 came UPS and 2 Fedex. UPS brought it to my door and rung my doorbell. FedEx took it to my neighbors house. My address #s are clearly posted above my door and very visible from the road. My neighbors house has no posted address anywhere. PLUS- those drives have GPS locators on their trucks. That driver must have known he was at the wrong address.
Now- I am not saying at all that FedEx was your problem.... I'm just pointing out that it may no longer be safe to order online?
Seems like the Federal government is trying their best to make it difficult to do gun business online. BUT- the seller FFL has to show responsibility for firearm shipment and follow ATF rules. The ATF has contacted me 3 times already this morning for more info. The seller pointed me to their terms and conditions that they were not responsible once the carrier has the item. The ATF disagrees as they were the selling dealer and had the serial number from the drop shipper warehouse. It WAS their responsibility to report it!

On a different note about shippers of firearms and ammo:
I had UPS refuse a different firearm shipment for warranty repair a few weeks ago. I had to go back and repackage it and tell them it was "camera equipment" for them to take it (different person- learned my lesson from the first attendant). If you check their website it now states you must have an FFL to ship firearms (personally as "the shipper"). I guess they will no longer ship on the manufacturers FFL which was inside the case inside the box. Looks like we will be having to ship warranty work through an FFL and pay the fees both ways very soon....and THAT sucks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chauss

Thanks for the warning.
I despise companies who do not take care of their customers. I worked for several years after retiring from the Metro PD for a company who manufactured weapons. And still associated with them and two other weapon manufacturers at the present time. But customer service is Number One!
And I assure you the ATF has no sense of humor when it comes to not reporting stolen or lost weapons within the time requirement!

Glad to help others! We all need to stick together and help each other out!
BTW- LOVE you tag line- most excellent!

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I didn’t mean to imply that it wasn’t the sellers responsibility. Just saying the more hands involved a transaction, the more chances of a screwup. I order quite a bit of parts online and I’m 99% satisfied. Then that one out of a hundred instance comes along, where someone did something wrong and the item is lost, late or the wrong thing.

Fine print or not, you should have no financial penalty in that transaction.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I sold a pistol lately and, no, UPS won't ship them now saving thousands of lives no doubt. My local FFL, LGS owner shipped it for me at no charge. It pays to build LGS relationships. What's wrong with people?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn’t mean to imply that it wasn’t the sellers responsibility. Just saying the more hands involved a transaction, the more chances of a screwup. I order quite a bit of parts online and I’m 99% satisfied. Then that one out of a hundred instance comes along, where someone did something wrong and the item is lost, late or the wrong thing.

Fine print or not, you should have no financial penalty in that transaction.
No worries Notrighty- I posted the reply for others benefit also. I used to be in technical sales and have a tougher skin that that. LoL The ATF has contacted me 3 times this morning for more and more information and it has been handed over to the Chicago field office and a more local ATF office also. They DO take this stuff VERY seriously!

·
Administrator
27,356 Posts
FWIW- got curious, pulled up their street address, dropped down to Google Earth at street level. The building is smaller than my local McDonalds.

As far as shipping- just a reminder- shipping a rifle or shotgun? You have another option- the US Postal Service. It is perfectly legal to MAIL an unloaded rifle or shotgun. Handguns CAN be mailed- but only by Dealers and Manufacturers in the ordinary course of trade. This is spelled out in the Domestic Mail Manual under Restricted Mailings. Do NOT expect the average postal worker to know what their own regs are (unless you happen to use my Post Office- where they HAVE been educated.)

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
FedEx has especially degenerated to untrustworthy.
I read that FedEx is on the ropes financially so their service might be erratic. Both delivery and follow-up.
Their delivery people are Independent contractors. Just a caution.

ellis

Reactions: Southernguns
1 - 15 of 15 Posts