Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Butler Creek 25 round 10/22 mag yesterday, came home and opened the package - mag was completely apart. I have 4 Butler Creek mags (Steel lips) and this is the first. I took it back and got another one and a BX-25 mag from Ruger.

Very good mags, no failures.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I've had lots of luck with the BC mags...all of it bad. I just stick to the Ruger stuff...:cool:

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 4 mags, all 4 (3 clear and 1 smoke) have not any issues what-so-ever, the pain to the finger is the promag smoke version. All are steel lips.

It never hurts to have multiple spares!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My son bought me a butler creek 25/22 metal lip, tried it for the first time today. It goes into the mag slot and locks, but when I cycle the bolt it locks the bolt back and doesnt feed. POS IMO, I have little to no tolerance for equipment that doesnt work or fails the first time out, this item is going back to the dealer for a refund. I dont want an exchange.

Badshot

·
Registered
348 Posts
Badshot320 said:
My son bought me a butler creek 25/22 metal lip, tried it for the first time today. It goes into the mag slot and locks, but when I cycle the bolt it locks the bolt back and doesnt feed. POS IMO, I have little to no tolerance for equipment that doesnt work or fails the first time out, this item is going back to the dealer for a refund. I dont want an exchange.

Badshot
Tell them to swap it for bx25

·
Registered
256 Posts
I dont want an exchange, for the money spent ill just get 2 more 10 shot factory mags and be happy. Plus that big mag hanging out of the bottom is just in the way. Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote a song about me awhile back.......Simple Man:p

Badshot

·
Registered
348 Posts
Badshot320 said:
I dont want an exchange, for the money spent ill just get 2 more 10 shot factory mags and be happy. Plus that big mag hanging out of the bottom is just in the way. Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote a song about me awhile back.......Simple Man:p

Badshot
Right on man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts