Bushy or Smith

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Schmeekey, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Schmeekey

Schmeekey New Member

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day, and I had the opportunity to strike up a conversation with a national competitor in 3 gun. I was comparing a bushmaster and a smith & wesson, and he said they were pretty much on par with each other and I wouldn't find much difference. I thought the Bushy was built and felt better. Is there anybody that could give their opinions on one or both. Thanks.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I would disagree w/ the guy. S&W has a much better reputation for making a better AR than BM. What were they wanting for the ARs?

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Which models? I wouldn't go with either but if pressed would choose a midrange S&W over a midrange Bushmaster. On the low end I'd also go with the S&W Sport over the Bushmaster Carbon-15.

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

A Few years ago I would have said they were close to even but over the last few years I have heard more bad than good about Bushmaster.

5. Schmeekey

Schmeekey New Member

The Bushmaster was 1000 for the moe edition while the Smith was 100 or so more. They also had an ACR, he said that more than a few customers had come back with their 2000 dollar guns broken. Guess that kind of shows Bushmaster's quality. I am looking for a budget AR... BCM would probably the best way to go, at only a couple hundred dollars more, but they don't seem to be coming back in stock any time soon. Could you point me at anything better, for a similar price.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

My Smith M&P Moe edition has been completely problem free for me over a year and several thousand rounds... [​IMG]

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Buy the BCM upper and lower seperate. You will end up w/ a great rifle for under $900.

You can try G&R Tactical. They carry BCM products.

Read this article -

http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/filthy14_oct10.pdf

Last I heard the rifle was up over 50k rounds.

Do a search and see how many negative things you can find on BCM ARs then do a search for BM ARs.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Last I heard it was 44K a couple months ago so good to hear F14's still going strong! You don't have a link to that last update do you MJ?

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I dont. I tried a quick search but didnt get real in depth. It was getting late.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks MJ, I know how it goes, you see something but get busy and forget to paste the link to a text file, anything... I'll have to poke around over at Pat Roger's lightfighter.net and see if there's been an update...

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I st looked on LF and couldnt find an up to date count.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It is. I dont understand why anyone would want to purchase anything else.