Bushnell elite

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by elfmdl, Jun 7, 2012.

1. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Ones anybody have any experience with a bushnell elite in a 6-24 power?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I have used a Bushnell Elite on a hunting program we did in Texas a couple of years ago and quite frankly being a die hard Leupold Guy I must confess I was impressed with the scope. And certainly for the price compared to the quality.

Just for info only!
    Midway USA has a tremendous sale going on on Simmons Whitetail Classic Scopes at the present in 6.5X20 50MM Objective with Mil Dot Reticle 1" tube scopes. $124.99. And you can get a 4" Sun Shade for it for an additional $23.49. I have a pre 64 Winchester Model 70 that I am going to mount it on.
    Looks like a nice scope and clear.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The Elite 4200 and 6500 series are pretty good scopes,but there are many others that are far superior.

4. jj33002

jj33002 New Member

If the question is just out of curiosity then yeah, it is a decent scope. If you are looking at investing in a scope then there are better options out there that you should look at.

5. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Well I'm thinking about getting one to put on a .308 Remington 700. My budget for a scope is about $650.

6. jj33002

jj33002 New Member

I have a .308 on a rem 700 and I have put on a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 on mine and I absolutely love it. I have shot out to 500 yards with it and would definitely recommend you take a look at that scope.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I have a win mod 70 with a bushnell elite 3200 series 3x9x40m on it. It's nice but as was stated there are better options. Personally I think nikon puts out a much better scope for the same or cheaper price. If mine hadn't been a gift I'd have a nikon. It does work though and its not crappy. Just isn't the best and for your budget I would defiantly look into burris, nikon and Leopuld scopes

8. lucznik

lucznik New Member

Vortex has some of the best scopes on the market within your price range. You would have to pay A LOT more to get anything that was even slightly better.

Leupold is another great option and you'll never find a tougher scope. Unfortunately, Leupold's prices, especially for their higher-end products, can get a little excessive.

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

+ 1 on vortex great optics, even the diamondback series are crystal clear an very rugged built.

10. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Nikon scopes have to dark of coatings on them.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Care to elaborate?

12. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Simple the coatings are to dark, their low light visability is poor imho, there are way better optics for the same price. I lost out on a massive mule deer buck becouse the nikon scope i had was not bright in low light, i will never have another period. If you have never had high quality scopes you may not see what im talking about.