Bushmaster??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by freefall, Jun 14, 2010.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

Sportsman's Warehouse, local big-box gun store, is having a father's day special on Bushmaster ARs with a bushnell red dot for $649 (+ 2 1/2% tax:(). Is this a good deal? Should I get myself one? I've been slow to warm to the whole AR concept because I'm an old fart and I live where there's big bad furry critters. So I like big fat bullets.
    But anyways, I've been thinking something that uses the most common ammo and mags around can't be a bad idea. Is Bushmaster a good one? I know it was good enough for John Malvo, but not sure if that's a sterling recommendation.
    Thanks for any input, especially if you know what you're talking about.

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I bought a DCM for $1100.00 when Clinton was taking office. Great A2 rifle. 20" heavy barrel. I"ll shoot it till it falls apart and send it back for work/ new one.

3. shnorse

shnorse New Member

seems incredibly cheap, bushys are great guns

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Sounds like a good deal but the devil is usually in the details. What kind of barrel, sights, upper, stock? I cannot recall ever seeing a Bushy at that price.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You can't build one for that, I don't care what parts you find after searching the web for months!

The upper alone would cost you near $300!!

6. freefall

freefall New Member

So. It's a Bushmaster Carbon 15 with a Bushnell 1x25 red dot, 16" light barrel, soft case, sling and 30 rd mag. Doesn't appear to have any iron sights:(. Guess you can come up with those...

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Is that the one with the carbon fiber upper and lower receivers? Look around on the net and see if others are happy with it. These usually sell at $1000 or more, not sure what the optic ready models go for.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

My buddy has a Carbon 15 and paid about $1000 for it in Nov 2008 during the panic period. Too much of course but the Bushy has been a decent AR otherwise. Always works and pretty accurate. Ejects brass nicely at about 4:30 angle. It doesn't have M4 feedramps, the castle nut isn't staked and the gas key isn't staked quite good enough but those don't have to be deal breakers.

If you're not going to beat it to death I'd say it's ok and that is a great price. For heavy use I'd go with milspec receivers and bolt, etc.

I have to say it's a real handy lightweight AR, about a pound lighter than my 16" midlength. I also liked that it uses standard AR parts, like the trigger group, etc.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

Well, false alarm. I pondered too long and they were sold out when I got there after work. "Limited to stock on hand, no rainchecks" they probably had three of them. Oh well, back to pondering. Anybody know anything about those Remingtons?