Bushmaster or Rock river AR15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fern, Dec 11, 2012.

1. fern

fern New Member

Witch one should I buy?

2. fern

fern New Member

Which one should I buy for $900.00?

3. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Rock River would be my choice of the two.

4. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Definitely Rock River

5. Hoffs333

Hoffs333 New Member

I know quite a few people who own RR and swear by them. They seem to be really great guns. I have a Bushy and love it. IMHO get what you can afford, you can change internals to suit your needs.
    I bought mine from a friend for a really great deal that I couldn't pass up.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Stopped by RRA today and picked up a lower, they have some good looking customer service reps to boot :D

7. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

And not one picture?..?

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

No cameras allowed! Propriety work going on and all.

9. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I've heard that about places...have some great photos of the Shelby manufacturing line where they make the Cobra's! I mean I've heard of someone having pictures. :)

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah but these are those evil black rifles. They don't even have a sign out front that says who they are :rolleyes: in case someone couldn't tell from the high barbed wire fence, cameras, address on their website etc. Next time I pick up an order I'll see what I can do for ya.;)

11. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Bushmaster but my Rock River is one of my favorite guns at home. And I also own a Daniel Defense..Hard to tell the difference by looking at them even tho itsa hundreds more....(though the DD has much tighter fit between lower and upper.)

So I gess I'd say RRA over BM only based on experience with one... which I think is not a good data point to base a recommendation on.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  12. fern

fern New Member

Yeah I think the RR is the one siding towards

Thanks

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

There are better choices. Have you looked at anything else?

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I second this, there are other choices. Any particularb reason you're settling on these two?

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

What other suggestions for $900 besides DIY build? I can't speak for the OP but I would rather have a factory built AR from someone who knows what they're doing. Because I wouldn't know where to start with a DIY.

16. racer_x

racer_x New Member

That colt at wallyworld isnt much more then that 900

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

read the stickies at the front of the AR section of the forum. there are also many videos on YouTube that show how to build an upper and a lower. Brownell's also has videos on their website on building and AR. there are many books devoted to the AR platform. nice thing is they really don't require a lot of specialized tools to build and can be built a little over time as money allows if money is tight. $900 would buy the parts to build a pretty nice AR. another advantage to building is you can use what suits you, without having things that don't.

18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

PSA sells excellent complete ARs for less than $900. But I'd rather choose the parts myself.

DIY is easy if you learn the AR platform and choose wisely. Really there's no difference between a quality factory rifle and a quality build. Not selecting or even knowing what goes into your AR is insane but I know people do it all the time.