Bushmaster Carbon 15 OWNERS

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by nate913, Apr 3, 2013.

1. nate913

nate913 New Member

Those that own a bushmaster. What do y'all think. I just brought one!!
    Everyone bashes them but in reading,none of them ever owned one. For the owners, I've heard great reviews.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

It is one of the cheapest ARs out there. I hope you didn't pay over $600, that's what they used to go for.

The best thing about them is they're very lightweight. Good examples seem ok but you do hear a lot horror stories too. My buddy has one but wants something better now.

3. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Retail is $844. Got mine for $799 2 months ago
    Great lightweight rifle.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Had two, sold both during the recent panic for the $$$. I've never understood the hate either. All mine ever did was shred the 10 and X ring with quarter size groups after I zero'd the red dot. I didn't put 10,000 rounds thru them, don't know how they'd hold up over the long haul, but for the two years I had mine, no complaints.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have one, like it, weighs less than the dust in the air around it, does what it is supposed to do.

6. nate913

nate913 New Member

Thanks Guys in yet Quintin, You don't have one yet you're bashing I don't understand

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

for a light use rifle prolly ok. but i have no desire for one since im a little rough on my gear. i dont see how it would hold up to the abuse i put my rifles through (mostly from clumsiness...)

i dont like the current over use of the word "bash" it has a definate meaning and using it to describe people who disagree with your opinion just makes arguments happen and gets threads closed and people sent on vacations ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You don't understand, is English a second language for you? I told you my buddy has one. I've shot it a lot. No, I'm not impressed but how is that bashing? Point out in my post where I bashed your gun. Have you considered the pendulum swings both ways - that you're a fanboy? Do you have anything to compare it to, have you shot a Colt or BCM?

The thing you have to understand is the C-15 belongs in a group of $600 ARs (in normal times) and some of its competitors were better. You could have had a S&W M&P Sport at the same price. Or for a little more money a PSA.

Since you're new why not read and digest the AR-15 Primer sticky, you'll find it quite helpful.

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Seems pretty innocent to me.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The 2 I have handled shot ok but the first one the rail on the upper was coming delaminated . The second one was brought to me it had 32 rounds thru it , the topend was locked up tight . Charging handle would not move and i could not push the pins out with a punch and mallet . I put it back in the box and told him to return it to gander mountain where he bought it . Never heard back from him if they fixed or replaced it for him .

11. nate913

nate913 New Member

AR-15 Primer

Thanks for the suggestion on the read!! I found it helpful

12. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

+1

I had one also and then sold it for $$$. Shot really well (20") Worked great.