Bushmaster ACR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Tackleberry1, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Anyone out there know if the Bushmaster ACR is available yet?

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

We just ordered one for a guy at, Drum Roll Please, over $2700.00. That damned thing better be able to shoot around corners and wipe it's own butt.

3. russ

russ New Member

Agreed, the price point on these things has taken them right out of contention for my next big purchase. I'll hold out until the SCAR-H is available and see what they go for. My local guy sell the SCAR-L around $2100.

4. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

anything over $1.8k better shoot by itself and put everything in the 10-ring, too.

Seriously, you could build one heck of a tack driver for that kind of $$.

then again, there are those out there who just have to have the latest designer name brand on their toys.:p

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

We have some Sigs for around $2100.00 and I think that's way out of the ball park, but again, there Sigs.

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Op rod driven ARs are over rated, they're just not necessary. I've run a standard issue M4 until the hand guards melted and never had a problem. That took about 7500 rounds in the matter of an hour. You'd be hard pressed to find that kind of usage anywhere other than training or panic, except panic rarely lasts for 7500 rounds.

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Matt, that still doesn't justify that big price tag. You can get a piston gun Sr 556 for around 1500 beans. If you want a multiple caliber firearm, T/C has that covered. I'm wondering if that Bushy has a gold lined barrel or maybe platinum. I agree with you 100%, nothing wrong with a gas gun.

8. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

After the initial "hoo haa" is over with the release of the rifle, I think the price will go down some. But new model rifles are somewhat like the first year an automobile is produced. I prefer to let others pay top dollar, work the bugs out and such. Then after the price goes down and reviews are good, Then I'd consider spending money on one.

9. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I'd rather buy a Bushy M4gery and add their retrofit op rod system.

10. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Retro-fit op-rod? Better do some homework. Bushy makes a model that isn't retro-fit.. And works damn fine I might add. Yeah, it was a little higher in price but way lower than the ACR !!
    These new rifles should be interesting to hear reports in the next year.

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Not about that...

The first article on the ACR came out before Bushmaster got involved. The rifle was designed by MagPul Industries and the quick change barrel/caliber conversion ability is what caught my eye. I don't need the newest gadgets, "favorite handguns are old full sized 1911s", but I do appreciate innovative designs.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

i would love to get an AR but think i will have to settle for a modified mini-14. Hunted with dad alot and its accurate as hell. Would also love a scar but holy crap thats alot

13. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

I've followed it since Magpul put it out, and it's bigger brother now, the Massoud. As for quick change barrel/caliber conversions, that's been around for a while, but none have really caught on to stay. Robinson Armament's XCR is capable of the same thing, and was in the running as a replacement for the M4, along side the HK's, FN's, etc.

I wasn't putting you down or anything like that for being interested in the latest inovations in firearms. Not at all, because I too like to keep up with what is new and BETTER. All I was saying is, at that price point, I can wait until they get the bugs out and the price down. I have pieces to cover just about every caliber I need, from .17 to .50, so no real need for anything right now that is convertible. Dedicated platforms fit all my needs :cool:

But hey, if they ever build a better 'hammer', I'm sure I'll be in line for one. They've been trying to improve it for over 40 years, and still going. ;)

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Agreed

Thanks for the info on the XCR, I'll look into it. And no worries, I didn't take it as a put down. I generally believe in the concept that "A jack of all trades is a master of none" and think that applies to most convertible gun designs over the years but eventually someone going to get it right...right?

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

How's the Recoil?

I'm curious about the new op rod craze on AR's. I was 11B for 6 years so I certainly get the whole "ease of cleaning effect" you get when you go from gas impingement to op rod but when Stoner designed gas impingement it was state of the art and it certainly achieved the goal a rifle that is totally controllable in full auto mode. My AK and my M1A are both op rod, both great guns, but the recoil makes follow up shots about 1/10 as fast as I get with my good old gas AR.
    Now I'd be happy to loose the hours of carbon scraping you get to enjoy with gas impingement but not if means my AR's going to handle like my AK does.

So...Hows the recoil on the op rod AR?

16. Car54

Car54 New Member

This is from OnPointFirearms.com out of St. Petersburg Fla. Sent out late last week.

Description

Manufacturer Bushmaster Model ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) Action Semi-automatic Caliber 223 Rem Caliber 556NATO Barrel Length 16.5" Finish/Color Coyote Brown Grips/Stock Side Folding Accessories Front Rail Type of Barrel Hammer Forged Capacity 30Rd Sights Magpul Flip Front/Rear MSRP $3,061.00

Details

SKU: BMACRFR16M4C
    Quantity: - out of stock -
    (Notify me when the product is in stock)

Weight: 20.00 lbs
    Price: $ 2,598.75

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  17. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Here's a link to Bushmaster website highlighting the ACR. Although, the views loaded slow the music was pretty good. Just click caliber change, etc, etc.

I see there also adding a .308 to their line of rifles.

Bushmaster Presents - ACR

18. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

I want a few of these from MAGPUL....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

for $2500+ your smokin crack. you can build a stable of ar's that will out shoot that thing and look better doing it.

Or you can build a decent bolt gun and put a nice scope on it for that price and end up with a gun that will split the hairs on a gnats ares at 100 yards.