Bushmaster 5.56/.223 Lower

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by big shrek, Aug 20, 2011.

1. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Found one locally for $129, BUT, its got minor scratches & tiny little scuffs...

Shop owner says it came that way from Bushmaster...I'm torn between telling him to send it back to 'em,
    or buying it and sending it back myself...OR doing a refinish job on it...

I kinda hate to screw up a Bushmaster lower with paint, but the scratches make it easier to swallow...
    and I could kinda go Insane with the paint scheme...my wifey always wanted a Pink Hello Kitty AR15 since she saw the pics of one.

Now, that being the issue, can it be anodized pink over the current anodized black??
    Or is Pink Duracoat/etc the best answer??

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

You can do better than a scratched up Bushy lower for $129...some places list forged lowers for little more than half that...blemished lowers even less...

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Is it $129 out the door? The best I have done at my LGS is $130 from his stock.

PSA stripped lower - $80.00

Shipping $7.00

FFL fee $25 to $50

Total $112 to $127

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

I don't understand why the owner didn't send the lower back to Bushy to be refinished. If you decide to buy it make the dealer send it back before you sign the papers. Once you do, it's yours no matter how it turns out.

If you really want the Bushy rollmark, and will do the finishing yourself, I'd tell the dealer make it $129 out the door, that would be a fair price for a scuffed Bushy.

Like others will tell you, there are a lot more lowers out there for less money. AIM Surplus has Spikes for $79.95 with free shipping to your FFL. Add the fee and boom, it's yours.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

$129 for that lower is stupid. Like the others have suggested, PSA, Spikes, etc.

6. big shrek

After contemplating it a bit, it struck me that it would be the perfect lower to make my Wifey a Hello Kitty AR15...
    Hello Kitty AR-15 Assault Rifle | 2dayBlog

I won't feel bad about Duracoating it Pink, as its already scratched up...;)

Although...a PSA would bring the price down a bit, even with a $25 transfer fee.

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Yep! I agree sounds like someone trying to get rid of something no one wants. And for that amount he is crazy!;)03

8. big shrek

I'm gonna wait a few weeks, if its still sitting after another month, I'll low-ball it and see what happens :)

Wifey is more concerned with stuff for the new Twin Boys than she is with gun stuff at the moment...
    but it wouldn't hurt for me to slowly & quietly piece together the rifle as I go...