Burris "NO BS" warranty apears to be b.s. under Beretta...

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by p35bhp55, Aug 11, 2020.

1. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Active Member

I have a Black Diamond 4x16x50 on a Savage bull barrel that has never been in the field, just on a bench. At some point it appears the black on the reticle has detached and is now showing in the glass, also under certain light the reticle shows silver. I E mailed Burris several times and was ignored so now a couple years later I started calling, after providing my info I was told I would be receiving an RMA, but it hasn't appeared after weeks and I am currently caller 15 in today's call back que. YMMV but I'm not buying any more Burris products and Beretta is not gonna happen either.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

That sucks! Burris has had a good reputation of taking care of their customer's.
    Good luck.

schnuffleupagus likes this.

3. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Check the junk mail folder if you haven’t.
    And be sure all addresses are correct. (Ask me how I learned)
    Customer phone service is **** now almost universally. I’d see if they offer online chat.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  4. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

5. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

For many years.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  6. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Huh, thanks

bluez likes this.
  7. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Active Member

No call back today, I'll be back tomorrow. I'm retired now gonna be harder to ignore.

Caveman Jim and primer1 like this.
  8. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

A few decades ago, I had a bad customer service experience with Browning. Got an attorney friend to draft a letter for me threatening breach of contract if they refused to, or failed to, support their warranty for the product I'd purchased. They wouldn't listen to me, respond to my queries, nor fix the problem. After that letter, it was fixed pronto.

The nice thing is, it appears the contract they've committed to, with products purchased under that "No BS" thing, seems to be in your favor. They need to stop dallying about and get on with it, fixing it to spec and making it functional. Might check with an attorney friend, if they won't or don't. A little nudge might be enough to get them to find their integrity again.

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry you are getting no resolution to your warranty claim.

IME: It is nearly impossible to talk with a living human being, be it for purposes of warranty, getting the power turned back on after a storm, or to ask a question about the product you bought. When one does get a real live human being on the line there's a 90 percent chance he/she has a foreign accent.

Recently got a call from the Toyota dealer wanting to sell me a truck. Yep, those Toyota Tacoma pickups are very nice. But i got shafted by the dealer in 2011 when i bought my present Tacoma truck. Dealer claimed the truck was wired for trailer brakes and all i needed was to install a brake controller. Years later when i needed to pull a tandem trailer, horror of horrors we discovered there was no wiring. The dealer wanted $1,100 to wire the truck for trailer brakes.

i'll see the GM/Chevy dealer for any new truck.

10. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

A few years back I bought a Beretta handgun. Did it in a hurry and just paid and left. When I got home I found out it was missing a grip screw!!! Called Beretta and they said, sorry, no problem, we'll send a new one out right now. When it arrived at my house it was sent COD and the mailman wanted $11.00 for the screw. Have not bought another Beretta handgun since.

Roll forward a few years and I bought a high end Burris scope. Mounted it on my gun and the adjustments would NOT hold zero. Burris CS basically told me it was my fault and I didn't know how to adjust zero on a scope. I brought it back to the store and they refunded my money. Guess what I have not bought since then?

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Active Member

Stayed on hold, got a human named Conrad, told him I was having a problem getting anything decided and done with my defective scope. He looked it up and said my E mail was wrong and by the way it's hard to get right over the phone. Fair enough, my E mail is the same a my tag here, made it up when the first place I went was a gun group my first days on the internet. Other old farts here probably know what it stands for. Anyway now I have an RMA, if it gets fixed I'll come back to this and give an accurate acct.

12. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Active Member

Got an RMA, also got a prepaid shipper that I didn't use because it needed printing and I don't have one. Think I got the shipper because I complained about the lack of response and I don't want anything special just my scope back and clear. Got an E mail saying they had it and it was in the que for repair. Maybe this will work out after all.

primer1, Wambli, G66enigma and 2 others like this.
  13. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Modern day "customer service" many times mean "servicing the customer".... I fully believe that the policies are to complicate, ignore and delay until the customer gives up. They make money selling product, not fixing problems.

What really jacks me up is to wait for a half hour in a phone que, only to get a foreigner on line who's accent is so pronounced, that you only understand about every third word.

alsaqr and austin92 like this.
  15. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Active Member

Yay, it took more tries than it should have but once I actually got a person involved my scope got repaired. It looks like something in it's price range now.

G66enigma likes this.
  16. G66enigma

That's good to hear.

Back when, I had some reliability (feed and ejection) issues with a 1911 .45ACP pistol made by STI. Made a couple of trips back and forth to STI, but still didn't result in correction of the issue. Sold it, to someone who knew 1911's "cold" ... who then immediately identified the issue and cured the problem, after which it was perfect. I even explicitly paid for and requested they test-fire 100 "hot" rounds through it, as partial verification. Which I'd hoped was done, though it continued on with unreliable cycling once I got it back (on both occasions). Despite STI being a well-designed pistol.

You never know what you're going to get, depending on who gets involved.

17. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

"warranty" is just a word companies/companies use to make the potential buyer get a warm and fuzzy/happy feeling that the company/manufacturer will stand behind their product...............until the buyer tries to use it when something goes wrong with the item , then they'll ( company/manufacturer)finds every excuse in their "book of tricks" to back out. and you're left there standing alone with their broken POS in your hand and your wallet lighter.

yeah, you would be better off pi$$ing in your pants if you want to get a warm and happy/fuzzy feeling

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    alsaqr likes this.
  18. G66enigma

True.

Though, it's at the heart of contract law. Companies that have fairly loosely- or open-ended wording (like "No B.S. Warranty") should remember that, and should act accordingly. Failing doing so voluntarily or easily, they can be fairly effectively forced to do so.

BTDT, myself, once years ago, with a failed major component of my defensive sidearm, which with a little nudge from an attorney [on letterhead] they corrected. Took the nudge to get it done, but it was rapidly and effectively corrected soon after. 'Cause at that time the warranty was fairly iron-clad, and the component had clearly failed through no error on my part, in addition to which I had documented evidence of every range session and every cleaning which couldn't be refuted.

19. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter