Burris fastfire III.....any opinions out there??

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by running_fool, Aug 20, 2013.

1. running_fool

running_fool New Member

I am looking at something for my AR. Eotec 512, aim point pro, vortex strikefire, or Burris fastfire? I know someone has an opinion. Thanks

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Another + for an Eotech or Aim Point. Both optics can take a beating,and still perform excellent in harsh conditions. Battery life is outstanding in both also.

4. CrunchyFrog

CrunchyFrog Member

My AR is optic-less so far. I do have a Fastfire II on a pistol; I would look for a larger primary optic for the AR.

A friend who bought a Strikefire and then added an Aimpoint PRO tells me the Aimpoint is much better. PSA had 'em on sale for $349 last weekend.

Another friend with an EoTech loves it.

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

If you can afford it, go for the higher priced ones. I bought three Burris products, an FF 2 for the Mz's Buckmark, a 3 for my 22/45 and the 536 for my Mini, which is getting mounted and Dialed in Saturday.... So far not at all displeased with the FF's

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I recently acquired a FF 2 for use on my GSG 1911 22. My 52 year old eyes can see the red dot very well, even on bright sunny days.

I have yet to have a bad experience with Burris products. I am sure you can spend more and get more, but Burris is hard to beat at their price point.

The FF 3 allows you to change the battery without removing the sight, that is a worthy upgrade.

As noted in other posts, IMMV.

7. sharpshooterassassin

sharpshooterassassin New Member

Love my Burris Fastfire lll on my Ruger MKlll 22/45!

Attached Files:

8. cparknson

cparknson New Member

I've got Burris Fast Fire 2's and 3's on 2 XD Tacticals, and on 2 XDM Competitions, can't remember which is on which just know the Tacticals and the Comps each have the same. Then I've got several .22 target pistols with them on there. Never had a minutes problem out of the first one and have yet to need to change a battery, and I shoot them a lot and forget to turn them off a lot so a lot of times they sit for hours before I pick them up to shoot that gun again and realize I left it on. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. Now I would like to try the Trijicon out and see how it compares. I don't see them performing any better I'd just like to try one out.

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Have an FF2. Have moved it around on different guns. Right now it's mounted of my Taurus PT-92 Stainless target. If you don't have the$ for a EOTech,..it's a quality alternative...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

10. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

I would go trijicon.......I have a bad taste from Burris..I bought an Eliminator III and it never worked from the start...Got my money back and bought a Leopuld....:( I was REALLY excited about the Eliminator too....Very cool concept. Just mine was a POS...

11. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

It's worth the extra bucks to get the high end sights. I have an aimpoint and eothech currently on my rifles and they're both solid optics and absolutely worth the extra money [​IMG]