Burris Fastfire 3 Reflex Sight

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by sharpshooterassassin, Aug 16, 2013.

1. sharpshooterassassin

sharpshooterassassin New Member

Just got my Burris Fastfire 3 Reflex Sight mounted on my Ruger MK3 22/45. Can't wait to test her out! Anyone else have one? How does it handle? Any experiences would be great! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I scoped my MK II.

You are going to have so much fun plinking at

50 yards +. It's one of the very few guns that

always comes out at the range.

3. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I've been thinking about one but when I go to LGS to look, I can't seem to get past the gun case (oh, an XDS came in, that LCR 357 looks nice etc etc) so I may have to just order on Amazon. Interested to hear what you think after a range trip.

4. sharpshooterassassin

I'm planning on going to the range on Monday if its not raining. I'll write up a review on the Burris Fastfire 3.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have been thinking about doing something similiar to my Mk III 22/45 as well. looking forward to your range report.

BTW, how much is the Burris?

6. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

7. sharpshooterassassin

Paid $249.00 at Sportsmans Warehouse up here in Alaska.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

J&G has it even Cheaper then Nachez...about $210 for the FF III & and 189 for the FF2. I'd also like to get a 332 or 536 sight for my Mini-14

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Here is mine, first time at the range today.

Attached Files:

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Results.....

Attached Files:

11. DrFootball

Oh she is a pretty one mate!

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'm considering adding this sight to my 22/45 target. Should I look to dovetail it and replace the rear sight or mount it in front of the stock sight? From the looks of it I have the option no?

13. DrFootball

Drv,...you can go either way. I yanked my rear sight off, and put the FF2 right there. I put the FF3 on my wife's Browning,..(she did not like the Branded Browning sight, which was all of 48 bucks) so we just put it back in the box... I had wanted the 3 for one of my Centerfires,...so be it.
    The other thing I did, was change the front sight to a Tritium Blade front,..it shows up much better in the sight picture IMO, esp with "53" year old eyes. On my wife's Browning we painted her front sight with Green Neon nail polish, that way if she gets bored with the color, we can "remove" it, and change it to Bright Red or Orange. A word of warning on that,..if you go the "cheap" route and use the wife's nail polish for the front sight, DO NOT use the Clear overcoat the ladies use to "seal" the polish on their toes....It won't come off!!!

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Is there a preferred option for the location? I think the rail would probably be the most flexible option considering it can be removed easily and there's still a rear sight to use.

15. DrFootball

I have seen some folks leave the rear sight on, AND some like me take it off. I Imagine you can mount it right in front...

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I have a Fastfire 2 that I originally stuck on a .357 revolver. I found it a bit small for that use, it was hard to pickup again quickly after recoil. What your doing should be fine. I was shooting Bowling Pin Matches, speed mattered. I replaced it with a C-More Railway. The Fastfire 2 ended up on my CX-4 carbine.
    For your use, you should be fine. Burris makes quality stuff.
    Ironically, on my MK3, I stuck a $45 bargain rack BSA reflex on it. Going on 3 years and it just keeps working. Ugly as hell but it does the job:

[​IMG]

I'll buy something better looking when this thing dies.

17. sharpshooterassassin

Got the Burris mounting plate to fit in the rear sight groove.

Attached Files:

18. DrFootball

Once in a while the spent shell "stumbles" over the edge of the sight...otherwise it's superb..