Burried with your gun?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Marthor, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Many people used to be burried with their sword. Why not guns?

...and which one would you like to be burried with or not?

First thought of this, but if it were today, I think I'd like to be burried with my two Ruger Vaqueros. Additionally, when my CCW permit expires, they better leave me be or I'll haunt them. :)

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i think id rather gift them to the young ones rather than have em rust in the dirt

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i wouldnt want to do that. i like my guns too much to ruin them in a grave. better to have them go to someone that will appreciate use and care for them

4. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I wouldn't want to take them all. Plenty of nice guns to leave above ground. The question is if you would like to take maybe one. In the bigger picture, the guns return to the elements too and even under best conditions couldn't last a couple thousand years. Since the guns will perish too, why not keep your fav with your bones?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i know nothing is permenent but i dont want to destroy any of them intentionally. a lot of my guns had previous owners and i want to continue that tradition :)

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would probably take all my firearms to my grave since I do not have children, and neither does my brother. Who knows that might change in the future, but as for right now I would definately take 'em all with me.

7. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Nope...they all get passed on to the kids. I have a spreadsheet with all my guns, serial numbers, optics, etc. I am also keeping track of who likes what.

8. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'm donating my body to science so they can figure out how my liver has lasted this long. My kiddos will get all of my guns.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I still have guns that belonged to my granddads, my dad, and one of my uncles. Opening day of dove season, my dad, who passed away in 95, went dove hunting with me. So to speak.

I plan that my kids, grandkids, and possibly great grandkids will have my guns. Way I look at it, so long as they think well of me when they pick one up, I'll live forever.

Want to put something in my coffin with me? An entrenching tool would be a nice going away present. Possibly some asbestos undies........:p

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

All of my guns will be passed down to my kids, i would rather them enjoy them as i have

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

there is one gun I want to laid to rest with the is my 91/30 Mosin Nagant, it's my go too rifle for camping, hunting really everything I have two of them so one will be passed down with the rest of my guns and the other will be barried with me along with my hunting knife. Also several hundred rounds of ammo... I don't know what will happen when I die no ones does but I'd rather be armed just in case.

12. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

well you know we're all gonna turn into zombies eventually, do the people we left behind really want all of us staggering around locked & loaded??? :p

i don't have any kids so yet so for now i would take 2:

my daisy 2202 .22LR. it was my first gun. it's not worth anything & it's nice & compact so it'll fit nice right next to me

also my FB Radom Vis 35. it was my first centerfire handgun & since it's original owner more than likely dropped dead with it in his hand it might be fitting to return it to the earth.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not going in the ground after I die. :) My guns will go to my children. Me........I'll be ashes blowing around somewhere.

14. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I would rather keep them in the family so that other people can enjoy them as much as I do.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

W-O-C, if you like, I know some folks that can take the ashes, and load them up in some 12 g hulls mixed with #7 1/2 birdshot, and we can take you out for a last day of skeet shooting...........:)

16. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No! They'll all be passed on so they can continue causing fear and mayhem among the uninitiated. :D

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I just couldnt do that , , my kids enjoy shooting them and hell who knows with the way our fine government is going my kids children may not be able to buy a firearm . Im passing them on under one condition and that is they never sell them , I want them passed on down the family even if they dont have kids they may have nieces and newphews around to pass them on to . I have requested in my will that I be creamated also

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  18. orangello

orangello New Member

It wouldn't do any good; at least one of my nephews would dig it up. I have no kids or plans to make any on purpose. One of my nephews just fathered his first; i spose we will have to see if the little lady likes shooting in about three or four years. Knowing her father though, she will probably be more into fly-fishing and bow-hunting.

19. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I am not sure because i only have one (my daughter) and she may not be into guns. If she is then she can have them all but she would have to promise that if she had to get rid of them, she must keep at least one of my choice.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Well, then that 'last day of skeet shooting' would also be my first. I've never shot skeet. :D