Burial, cremation, or composting

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by c3shooter, Jan 8, 2011.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

On another forum, discussion centered around how you would wish your earthly remains disposed of after your demise.

I admired one local gent who was cremated, (REALLY) and at a gathering of friends at his place on the river for drinks and memories, had his remains loaded into his favorite cannon, and fired over the river (I LIKE having a "favorite cannon")

Myself- I plan to live forever (so far, so good :p) but I did like one post on the forum: "I told my family to cremate me and pour my ashes into the wells of my enemies" :rolleyes:

So- how do YOU plan on saying aloha? Forest Lawn? Flaming Viking ship? Have your body left in a booth at Waffle House? Scare the hell out of the lifeguard at the pool?

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I spread my grandfathers ashes in a raging river where he fished for salmon. His ashes flowed upstream against the current.

Having said that turn my to ash cause I dont want to be dug up by asshats in the future.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My wife and I will be cremated. We have had our pets cremated as well. We will have all of our ashes spread in the mountains together as a family.

4. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I plan on growing old and right when I get to "nursing home age" I plan on coming up with the most original way of suicide the world has ever seen. If my body survives the suicide I wish to be burned.
    Either way, I want a party thrown at my death. There is to much sadness in the world. When I go I want a party thrown for everyone to remember the good things about me, not mourn and miss me. I will be in paradise blowing a raspberry at them for still being stuck here so the only reason for them to be depressed is that I beat them to heaven! haha

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cremated. Ashes mixed with those of my pets as well. Then spread in the Sierras.

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Taxidermy. Posed in an open neck shirt, seated at a table at Tangere's in Ulm, Germany. A fresh Dos Equis placed in front of me daily.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, do it like this Dude.
    [​IMG]

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjrnNuZuPk]YouTube - Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox If I Die - Joe Diffie[/ame]

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Cremation. I don't know what I want done with the ashes.

10. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Cremation, mix the ashes 50-50 with FFg and fire me out of a cannon like the OP.

Unfortuantely if I die before the Mrs, she won't do it.

11. freefall

freefall New Member

Feed me to the hogs.

12. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

That's kinda disturbing, but hey, it's your call. :cool:

Hunter S. Thompson's ashes were fired from a connon weren't they? Not that I'd go out the way he but the finale sounds cool.

I definitely want to be cremated and have the ashes spread on family land.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My brother's shooting club went to his favorite hunting place, put his ashes in black powder rifles, and on call, shot in unison.

(As a side note: Viewers should stand up-wind.)

14. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

Cremated and left in open veld in a very windy area.
    I need some free travelling to do and attend some private shoots far away.:D

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

HOLY CRAP. You guys are a bunch of sissies.

I am going to freeze myself that way in 2000 years when they can cure what ever got me they can thaw me out and I can reek havoc on a new kinder gentler world. Kind of like Demolition Man movie....

16. opaww

opaww New Member

Just roll my body into the gutter and walk on by

17. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I wanna be cremated, just to make sure I don't come back as a zombie.

...Or a registered voter in Pelosi's district.

Is it bad I'm havin' trouble tryin' to figure out which one of those two is worse?

18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Up in my local mountains I have a favorite place overlooking the valley below. There is a small pine tree growing right out of the top of a large boulder.
    I plan to have my ashes left there along with the pets that are on the mantel waiting.

Of course if the will and the insurance are not up to date she'll probably just save the time and gas and flush me. :eek:

Attached Files:

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

When I reach the clearing at the end of the path I do not want to take up real estate just to be dug up later because someone wants to build a condo. AS far as I'm concerned they can light me up and toss the ashes anywhere. I will have no use for a body at that point anyway. I'll be wherever next is anyway.

I knew a guy that always say to shove a bone up his a$$ and have the dogs drag him off.:eek: Dead or not I really don't want bones shoved anywhere. My rear made it this far bone free...I"ll try to keep it that way.

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Why in the world would I care? I'll be dead.

Now if given the choice of how to go out...

At the controls of Cessna Citation X, throttles full forward, and just let it settle in. Talk about a rush of speed. :cool: