Burglar Calls 911

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by danf_fl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

the father needs a LOT more use of force training.

telling his son to just shoot him in the legs if he gets out you wont kill him is about rock freekin stupid.

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

LMAO! I wonder how much that guy would have paid for a change of underwear when the father and the son were covering him. I haven't laughed that hard since I heard the 911 call from a guy who wanted to report the theaft of his stash of weed.

I agree with you Jon, He should have told his son to shoot him somewhere fatal. Thankfully, neither one needed to shoot, and the right person was charged with the comission of a crime.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure dad was just trying to protect his son from the emotional trauma of killing someone. The kid looked about 10 YOA. Think about it, tell a "good" 10 year old kid to kill an unarmed man. Would he have been likely to miss because of the innate moral repulsion for killing? Take away the apprehension and assure the kid he will not kill him and just shoot him in the legs would have put his subconsious at rest and allowed him to shoot well and be more likely to stop a threat.

It is not a perfect answer, but one that I'm sure seemed reasonable at the time.

In all though, good ol' fashion country folk defending their home from a burglar at night. Did you notice the Texas A&M t-shirt? That's country folk.

4. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I heard this on Fox News this morning while getting ready for work. Sprayed toothpaste all over the mirror!! :D

You have got to love Texas!!

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

that was aweome... IMHO, father was indeed trying to protect his son.. also. he made a great judgment call by not shooting.... the cops got the right guy and have tons of proof to show in court.. good guys 1/ badguys 0

6. ralphmtz_94

ralphmtz_94 New Member

Wish Illinois was like this. Some guy attempted to steal my truck while pointing a gun at me. I have a rifle but if i had taken it out i would have been the one in jail

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Are you sure you are in Illinois and not Great Britain?

8. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

nice to hear a gun story in the news where the gun owner isnt made out to be a trigger happy, blood thirsty madman.

9. ralphmtz_94

ralphmtz_94 New Member

Yea Cook County, Illinois :(

10. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Same difference either place.
    Even the People's RepubliK of Russia lets people defend themselves.

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

The burglar probably wants to sue the homeowner for mental anguish now!