bumpfire technique

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by carl11acr, Feb 25, 2008.

1. carl11acr

carl11acr New Member

I’m not unfamiliar with the AR15; I was issued a colt M16 in Vietnam and loved it, upon returning home the thing that I missed was the auto function but living in California a class 3 license was out of the question and so was M16s. Now I can’t afford a class 3 but I can afford an AR15 and living in the Oklahoma county side with no one around for a 1\2 mile so I tried the bumpfire technique to simulate auto fire wow what a rush after 40 years it was great.

Has any one tried this technique and what is your opinion?

BTW: nickel rappers make perfect dust covers your AR15 Flash Suppressor

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  2. Righteous

Righteous New Member

ya do it free hand? or did ya use the rubberband trick? makes for fun but dam ya can run thru some ammo

3. carl11acr

carl11acr New Member

I do free hand and yes you can run up a good bill if you get carried away I like five to ten round bursts thirty round max per pay day.

I shoot at the side of a hill so I can say I always hit the target. :D

4. marysdad

marysdad Member

My understanding is that the issue with bump-firing a semi-auto is the risk of the rifle accidentally firing out of battery. Most out-of-battery incidents that I have seen documented have severely damaged the rifle. Full-auto rifles have additional parts to the firing mechanism that prevent this from occurring.

5. Righteous

Righteous New Member

look at that thread of mine called Ak explodes, it can happen to full auto parts or no parts

6. carl11acr

carl11acr New Member

My search for AR 15s firing out of battery came up zilch will please post the site of your information thank you.

This is not a smart@#$ question just a concerned one.

7. carl11acr

carl11acr New Member

I see nothing in your post that shows problems with bumpfire no guns firing out of battery as a matter of fact it only shows hand guns.

Let me narrow the subject AR15s there is a large difference between long guns and hand guns and also guns of deferent manufactures, the film that Righteous posted of an AK I have seen in Vietnam before, that appears to a design flaw of that weapon and the only ARs that I know of that came apart was do to a blockage in the barrel.

Do you have any info on AR15 damage from bumpfire?
    I truly would like to see.

8. balloo93

balloo93 New Member

So if you did bump fire often, woudl it make more sinse to run a M16 BCG and heavier H buffer?

Pretty sure those are completely LEGAL add ons.

9. carl11acr

carl11acr New Member

I unload one 30 round magazine in 5 to 10 round bursts every payday this controls the cost of ammo at the same time I enjoy the effects of autofire.

I see no reason to modify my AR any more then I already have. :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  10. sniperranger93

sniperranger93 New Member

I have a question. I have tried bumpfiring and i cant do it. is there a trick? what is the rubberband tech? any help would be great. what about a hellfire trigger? are they still available

11. Chance_P

Chance_P New Member

you dont need to buy that trigger, just grab yourself the rubberband from your morning newspaper. check this video out on youtube it shows you how to use the rubberband and bumpfire from the shoulder.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ&feature=related[/ame]

12. kirby62

kirby62 New Member

Thanks Chanc.e! I'm feel enlighted

13. Chance_P

Chance_P New Member

that wouldn't happen to be you in the video would it?

14. THE_REPUBLICAN

THE_REPUBLICAN New Member

I'm pretty sure that the freedom haters at the BATF have said that M16 parts are in and of themselves machine guns (they have also said that a 14-inch piece of string is a machine gun). So an M16 bolt carrier is out of the question unless your receiver is already registered or you have a registered sear or lightning link (in which case you wouldnt need to bumpfire, you could actually fire full auto)

15. bkt

bkt New Member

So, in light of the Olofson case -- the guy who loaned his AR to a guy, it accidentally double-fired, and the BATFE came down on Olofson like a ton of bricks accusing him of owning a machine gun and tossing his arse in prison for 30 months -- would bump-firing attract undesired attention and possibly land you in prison?

(I'm not saying you should or should not do it. What you do with your stuff on your land is your business.)

16. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Bump firing is legal, its only one shot per trigger pull.
    the rubber band trick works but ya dont need it if ya learn the regular way.
    Long as you got the rifle by your side hold the forearn with one hand and keeping a stiff finger and in the trigger guard push the gun forward while holding your trigger finger stiff.Some people will put there trigger finger thru there belt loop so it wont move forward. Takes pratice...total waste of ammo but fun now and then.
    [​IMG]

17. bkt

bkt New Member

I agree completely it's one shot per trigger pull. But those shots are very, very close together and those most devoid of a moral compass, the lowest-bred, most mentally deranged and intellectually-challenged among us here in New York happen to be in our state legislature. (Hey, what other job could they possibly hold down?) They would instantly and unquestionably regard a bump-fired rifle and a machine gun as exactly the same thing...facts, logic and mechanics be damned.

I sure don't trust the law here not to swoop down on someone who cleared a mag quickly with this technique.