bump in the night what if...

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by jjfuller1, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so last night i had a thought pop into my head. well i woke up to the baby starting to cry, and i knew i had to get up. i rolled over and found that both of my arms were completely numb. i had to sit and wait a good 5 minutes for me to be able to move, and use them. and that got me to thinking what happens if we awoke to a BG and our arms were like this? what would we do?

and im talking numb. i could not move them at all. they were floppy.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

adrenaline ;)

in a stressful situation one can overcome almost any hindrance

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Tell the old lady to take the restraints off when its time to sleep.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Did anybody else just think "the stranger"? :D

5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Learn how to shoot with your feet. Then again what if your legs were numb. I don't think there is a sensible answer to this one.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I had a friend in high school who fell asleep on the sofa with his one arm behind his head. His arm fell asleep. When he woke up and saw a hand next to his head he thought it was a friend of his getting ready to prank him. He grabbed his own hand and yanked it real hard. ROFL So funny!!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have awoken with my hand curled in some Seagal-like geometry angles, been completely numb before and I have thought the same thing, "what if?".

I'd like to agree with Dog that adrenalin would take over and it would be a non-issue but if it doesn't.

I didn't always train to shoot off handed, because I shoot with my non dominant hand, keeping my dominant hand able for force manipulation, but now I active train to shoot with my "off hand" just in case.

Thankfully I have a couple of very loyal German Shepherds that would probably tear a bad guy to shreds by the time I got to him. :cool:

I do love my four legged protectors, they are the best.

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Why would both your arms be numb? And for five minutes!?

Perhaps you have a medical condition (hypotension)...

9. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

I figured that out one night when I got woke up by what I thought was the front door I grabbed my gun and couldn't cock it. Now whenever I wake up I Grab my gun and cock it like muscle memory training it's working for me. My arms weren't numb though just really weak!

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i had slept with my arms crossed under my head. and man it felt wierd. ive done it before with one arm. but never both like the other night.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You could also train yourself to not sleep like that anymore. I used to sleep on my stomach and wake up with a crick in my neck. I just made it a point whenever I caught myself sleeping on my stomach I'd turn over. It eventually became a habit to not sleep on my stomach anymore. If you have a spouse it's even easier by asking her to nudge you to turn over whenever she sees you with your arms under your head.

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Same here, I have shoulder issues, that cause my arms and hands to go numb when they are at any upward angle. Plus i sleep with my arm
    Under my head so that doesn't help, but its the only way I can sleep with out them hurting.

13. jcooley6960

jcooley6960 New Member

Just start spinning and yell "tornado attack" it will probably scare him off

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

LMAO! When I was 16 my best friends brother did that. We were messing with him and he jumps up, covers his face with his t shirt, and starts a 'tornado attack'. My friend punched him in the face and threw him down the stairs. Lmao!!!

15. jcooley6960

jcooley6960 New Member

Lol it is and intimidating attack haha

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

That's never happened to me before. I'd probably try to just defend myself with my hd gun as best as I can. That would be a tough situation, but what can you do?!

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

kinky sex.........handcuffs...........circulation flow interrupted. :eek: :D