Bump Firing

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Hawk1, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Hawk1

Hawk1 New Member

I have seen guys on You Tube "bump firing" semi auto rifles and handguns. They shoot like fully auto that way. I have never tried it but looks like fun and looks simple but was wondering if any of you guys/gals have done it and how do you go about it??
    thankHawk

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Look into slidefire stocks. I think you'll find it far more interesting.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are really into recklessly spraying bullets in no particular direction, have fun. IMHO the bump fire fans are children who are not really mature enough to own firearms in the first place.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You could just buy a few strings of ladyfinger firecrackers. Makes same noise, hits as many targets (none), much cheaper.

5. Hawk1

Hawk1 New Member

robocop, thanks for the sarcasm,hope you feel better now, if not get back on your medication, you should be OK!

6. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

I'm not on any medication and I agree with Robo. Full auto is for thrill seekers, not competent firearm owners. The purpose of the gun is to deliver a lethal object to a target. Semi-auto is plenty fast enough to accomplish the purpose. Full auto is too fast for realistic control and only endangers nearby non-targets.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hawk, it's poor form and bad manners to come in insulting people. Did you go through the introduction threads and get your special memo to keep a thick skin? Yes, robo's comment may be considered by some to be a little intense (personally, I think so, with the immaturity comment), but his thoughts and concerns are valid. When you ask opinions, you will invariably get opinions you don't like. Move on.

Get a slide fire stock and burn your ammo up all you want. Full autos are fun. They're even more fun if your in the service and get to play with the real ones.

8. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Full auto guns are fun for those who can afford the ammo. I don't see anything wrong with it under safe conditions. I have fired fully auto guns in Las Vegas. it was a blast. (no pun intended)

9. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Come join the guard with me. We get to play with them every day.

10. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Sounds great, but I think I'm past the age limit. Can I just be a fan and stop by when you are shooting.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

If your get in tight enough with a unit commander, you MAY be able to beg a range trip with the unit. I'm sure you can guess, that's very much against regs, but some folks are willing to bend the rules a little...

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've had my 15-22 bump fire on a couple of occasions. It'll spit out a quick 3 round burst or so.

But I agree with Robo for the most part. Full auto wastes money. Fun? Maybe. But since when have we needed to employ suppressive fire.

13. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

... and much more safer ... ;)

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Those slidefire stocks are just an all around waste of money. First off they are more expensive then what they are worth " $350, seriously!!", i can think of alot better uses for my money, and second you waste alot of ammo for nothing, but to each their own.

15. m72law

m72law New Member

Wait a few years on buying that slidefire stock,you might get lucky & find one @ a yard sale for cheap. If the BATFE dont ban them first?

As for bump firing,

You want to stay safe as possible? Find your local law enforcement firing range,at anytime (even when its closed) walk right in & pick a lane.

P.S. they also allow any types of converted full autos in there,have fun!!!;)

16. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I have to agree. I don't get the obsession with trying to replicate full auto. Real full auto is one thing and I can see the value of them in a battle situation and I can see why they cost as much as they do for a civilian to own (that old supply and demand thingy). Anyone who has ever fired a full auto can attest that it is not at all accurate to just blast through a a mag in 2 seconds. They are fun for a little while, but I could see it wearing off pretty fast. That and the ammo costs. But whatever floats your boat I guess, it's not my money.

17. cuba

cuba New Member

Now you know all the reason for you not to do it, even though Dillinger was pretty affective with a full auto 1911, so now I'll try an answer your question, hold the 1911 with your strong hand and with a Sharpie marker pull the trigger softly with your other hand, might take a couple attempts till you get the rhythm, good luck.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

18. Hawk1

Hawk1 New Member

Cuba, Thank you very much for you answer, I appeciate it very much. I was not trying to stir anyone up, but I had seen a vid on you tube and just wanted to try it for the fun of it. I'm 68, been shooting and hunting since I was 10. Had 6 years of miltary and always shoot in a safe place. I would not wish to hunt or use a firearm in this method for self defence. I realize it would not be accurate and besides that the cost of the ammo would be out of sight. Thanks again! Hawk

19. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I have 4 of them, can afford the ammo and love shooting them. We have a blast when they are broken out. At shoots we haven't found any one who doesn't like shooting them. 2-10 round bursts or empty the whole mag. But owning 350+ guns I guess I'm just a child. Some of you are just ignorant of a good time. Why does Knob Creek have 25,000 people at the worlds largest machine gun shoot? Because full auto is a blast. Try it a few times before you speak out of ignorance.

20. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Did you win the lotto? Lol