Bump fire

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Does anyone know anything about bump fire stocks? I saw one online and want to know some stuff about them before I sink some money into one

2. shnorse

shnorse New Member

you can do the same thing for free... youtube bump fire ar15. I don't see law enforcement being to kind to someone with one of those attached. Full auto fire is illegal in most states, its only a matter of time until this is also.

that said, nothing puts a smile on your face faster then emptying a magazine faster than you can say your name

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

But technically it is still semi automatic so it becoming illegal would go against what they're letting us have now. I have an old friend who's a police chief in a different county who has one on his AR so I'm not too sure on them being too unhappy about it. I just want to know how reliable they are and if they're worth the money rather than ripping my thumb and belt loops off

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Bump firing is bad for your chamber, extractor, bolt, carrier, and gas rod.

Real full auto tears them up, too.

After a while the novelty wears off, then the "having enough

money to successfully retire" thing kicks in.

5. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Wolf has a point. Wears out parts twice as fast, because everything gets heated up a lot warmer. But it is FUN for a few minutes. So if you are going to do it, put some money aside and buy an upper just for bumpfiring. Once you get it out of your system, switch back to your REAL upper and get back to business. We all got days in which we gotta throw sense out the window and just cut loose, and tell the real world to f*** off for a while.

6. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Save your money and put it into a good single stage light trigger.
    Then you will have a gun that is accurate at long range and a gun that you can accurately bump fire from a rest out to about 300yds.
    How do I know this, I do it all the time I have a Jard single stage trigger in one of my ARs it is about a 2 1/2 # pull and it will bump faster than a full auto.
    I can from a rest bump fire 4 & 5 round bursts accurate enough to ring the gongs at 300yds.
    It a lot of attention at the range, one time I was bumping at a local public range where full autos were not allowed. When I bumped through a mag full I heard a voice from behind me saying "Is That Gun Full Auto!" when I turned around there was a conservation officer with his hand on his Glock ready to pull it out. :eek:
    I said "No sir but you can check if you like!" as I held the gun up for him to see. :eek:
    After the tension of the moment calmed down he explained that they had a complaint & he was just checking it out. We talked things over and he said that it sounded a little fast to be bump firing but after watching me shoot it he could see that was all it was.

7. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

$350 for damn ugly or $250 for damn nice

just get a timney trigger, the 3lb one like this
    [​IMG]

8. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Thanks for the trigger ideas. I never thought of messing with that. I'll for sure look into them

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

It does look like fun. It has sure come a long way from the old AK bump from the hip routine. But this old boy can't afford to go through ammo like that.

10. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I will REALLY be impressed if someone can find a way to do this with the Barrett M107 :eek: :D

11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'd feel bad for the shoulder of whoever shot it

12. shnorse

shnorse New Member

whats the cheapest trigger job you can get that will get you in the 3lb pull range? my AK has the g2 trigger and is amazing compared to the stock trigger on my Stag arms model 1. I would be willing to put 100 bucks into my trigger, can't see spending 300 on a trigger tho...

13. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

I learned the hard way, you buy cheap u buy twice, if I had not built that M16A1 clone for my father in law and used the 3-4lb trigger I had here I would have gave it to you for the cost of shipping. I think it was a jard, could have been some thing else. It was OK I guess but they only made the pull light buy using a very light hammer spring and it wasn't reliable (Fail to fire issues). So I put a full power spring in with it and polished the crap out of all the contact points. I would say its a 5-6lb pull with the same travel at a gi trigger but so smooth that the break will come as a surprise. (this can be done with the trigger u have now)

That took lots of time and know how to figure out how to smooth that crappy so called match trigger up.

You will not regret getting a timney drop in. I only wish u were local. If u were I would let you feel the one I have and I bet you would be sold. I like it so much IM putting one in my light weight a2 carbine as well.

If its your only AR just do it right the first time, that way you will not have any regrets.

I just did a very cheap build because I wanted to know the difference in quality that I got when I spent big on my ASA with the 24" barrel. You really will get what u pay for.

14. 702Shooter

702Shooter New Member

Huh? Sorry but that's absolutely incorrect.

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WI, & WY all allow ownership of "machine guns." That's 39 out of 50 states leaving 11 that do not allow it. How does 11 out of 50 = most?

As for the bumpfire stocks, The Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 is the only one I've found, so far, that actually works. And it works very well.

A Review of the Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 Bumpfire AR-15 Stock
    [​IMG]

The Timney Trigger kicks ass but I have not tried bumpfiring with it.

[​IMG]

15. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

With the Timney Trigger, would I want a AR-15 skeletonized trigger or the competition with my M&P Sport?