Bump fire stocks?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dfend, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Dfend

Dfend New Member

So I know full auto is "illegal" in my state, so
    I'm thinking of buying a bump fire stock for my Beloved AR. What I'm wondering is if it is worth buying? all the videos look good but how's accuracy? All the videos show close range targets. What about further than 30ft. Anyone used one that can give me some advise?

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

If your concerned with accuracy dont mess with it, your not gonna hit anything. Running an ar on full auto is unneccessarily hard on your rifle as it wasnt intended for it. You're also gonna have leos called out to your location everytime you fire it if you have neighbors. In my opinion its not worth it.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The ammo manufacturers love them! [​IMG]

4. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

I was just taking to some guys about them last night. Accuracy is going to be junk and it costs almost 400 bucks for the stock. Not to mention ammo prices. IMHO I don't think its worth it and somewhat impractical.

5. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

There are quite a few threads on the slide fire stocks already. Just use the nifty search feature to find them.

6. Dfend

Dfend New Member

Thanks for the input! Helps a lot.

7. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

If you want to simulate full auto fire by bump firing your AR, try getting a lighter trigger set about 2-3# will work.
    You can do this for less than half the price of the slide fire stock.
    This will do three things;
    1. It will keep you legal in case the BATF ever changes there mind on the legality of the slide stocks.
    2. It will let you take more accurate long range shots.
    3. With a little practice you will be able to bump fire 5-10 round bursts without any problem.

I have a Jard 3# single stage adjustable trigger in my AR that will bump fire real easy.
    http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?op...le-stage&catid=18:ar-15-single-stage&Itemid=6
    I can bump fire from a rest and put 2 or 3 rounds on a 18" gong at 300yds out of a 5 round burst. You are not going to get much better than that out of bump fire or real full auto.
    So my advice is to save your money for more ammo, get a better trigger and learn to bump fire.
    But one warning once you start you won't want to stop.

Wasn't the AR15 designed from the M16 a full auto military weapon?
    I think the only difference is the fire control group on a mil-spec weapon.
    Bump fire is no harder on the gun than fast firing a semi-auto.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. BTI

BTI New Member

I used a slide fire stock my friend had bought. I shoot about 90 rounds & I planted a lot of potatoes with it. My friend was becoming more accurate with it as time went on. It was a fun party favor but not very use full.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

This topic has been covered a million damn times.

Those stocks are retarded and make the user look careless and irresponsible.

10. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

I second that.

11. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

If you're willing to risk handing over 3-400 bucks over to the atf when someone decides to use a slide fire equipped ar15 to shoot up a civilian rich environment then by all means buy it. Its only a matter of time when someone ruins it for everyone. Ill pass on that one

12. Dfend

Dfend New Member

@ ZombieKiller83, so what happens when everyone turns to zombies and you need your slide stalk or full auto cause hordes of undead at pouring in your front gate? Didn't think that one through did ya hehe jokin!
    @ 7.62 Man, thanks for the recommendation on the triggers. I'll look further into it. Was thinking of trigger upgrading already but wasn't sure which direction to go. At least now I got a lil intel from the horse instead of "just" reading about it.

And thanks guys I re-looked at old threads and gave it some thought.
    I think for me it's more of a novelty thing cause we can't have it. I'll probably end up getting one anyways. But put it on a cheap build instead of my baby. Happy shooting!!

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think that i will just putter along with mine the way it is. if anything i might upgrade the trigger to an adjustable one. the bump fire stocks look kind of juvenile to me and silly. i would want mine more accurate than faster any day of the week.

14. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Actually, Stoner created the AR10 first in 7.62x51, then rechambered it in 5.56 and called it the AR15. Its production license was sold to Colt in 1959 who sold it to the U.K., USAF, and the U.S. Army. The Army then called it the M16.

Sry...I'm a nerd..

15. 75370

75370 New Member

You'll be much better off by spending that money on ammo and honing your shooting skills.

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If it was me I'd look into the lighter trigger but that's just me. I really don't need any more excused to shoot bad :eek: Seriously though I imagine it would be pretty fun but it's a pretty high cost form something that I'm sure I would get tired of at some point and change it back.

17. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Oh im sure if that's the case there will be plenty of true full autos laying around ;)

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Just upgrade your trigger to a geissele sd3g. Real easy to bumpfire it. And you get one of the best triggers around.

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Just left the range and heard a nice little story about the Slide Fire stock. Well lets just say the target system is now vet'd. D-bags with their stupid gimmicky toys trying to ruin it for all of us.