Bullets Don't Seem to Work Properly!

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by EagleSix, May 11, 2007.

1. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

These Bullets don't seem to work properly or refresh accurately. Any ideas?

[​IMG] Forum Contains New Posts
    [​IMG] Forum Contains No New Posts

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Can you better describe the problem.

After you read a post the bullet it still showing new posts?

3. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

Hi Alan,

Sometimes that happens, I will go to a forum that has one unread post. I read the post and it then shows as being read in the forum after I update the page. When I return to the home page and do a refresh, the bullet still show as having unread post. This doesn't happen all the time but often. When I select the forum none of the threads are in bold. return to the home page, do a refresh and then the bullet turns silver.

The other condition is when I leave and return maybe latter in the day or the next day, many of the post I have either actually read and others I have marked as read when I left, show they are now unread both with the bullets on the home page and also by bold on the title in the forum.

I'll do an experiment, I have to run out tot he bank. I will make sure everything indicate "read" and close the page. When I return I will count how many unread indicators there are of post which I now mark as read.

4. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

Alan,

Here is the results,

I marked all the threads read and all the bullets were silver at 1244 hours (GMT -7) by your website clock.

Threads: 404 Posts: 1403 Members: 385

When I got back on at 1352 hours

Threads: 404 Posts: 1404 Members: 386

Out of the 32 forums, 21 had gold bullets
    58 threads show bold as being "not read"

The board stats imply that only one thread and one bullet should be flagged "unread".

I hope this helps to figure out where the problem is or what the problem is. I thought these read/unread flags were handle by cookies, but I don't have these issues using the same browser on another site using the same board software. Have any ideas? Is it on my end? Have any other members reported or experienced this problem?

The other site I reference is using generator vBulletin ver 3.6.4 as you appear to be using ver 3.6.5

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. I haven't run into this before. Anyone else here running into the same problem?