bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by robertusa123, Oct 21, 2012.

1. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

HEAR WE GO AGAIN anouther ammo and gun tax to battel "street crime" i bet all then gane bangers and going to pay that 25$ tax on guns and .05 cent tax per round on ammo. when they buy that gun off the street. NRA and 2ND adment foundation allready getting their lawers ready to fight it in court

2. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. kingfish15

kingfish15 New Member

Actually, the bangers will just start new businesses selling ammo to fill the void left by all the present ammo sellers leaving. Going to see your dealer will take on a whole new meaning.

4. KansasCandR

KansasCandR New Member

Political rhetoric designed to do nothing more than keep an incumbent's name in the news so they can point out their self described "contributions" to the community while they continue to fleece their well-intentioned but completely clueless benefactors.

So this isn't a completely political posting, I wonder how well I'd do if I opened a drive thru liquor & ammo quickie-mart(tm) just the other side of the city limits? Anyone interested in a business venture?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The gangbangers will just learn to steal the ammo, just like they do the guns. :mad:

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The idiots in Chicago are going to try everything that will NOT work before they do the right thing. What did good ole Chicago do this weekend 3 or 4 dead and 21 wounded!!

7. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Is a Lobotomy required to in order to run for office in Chicago? :rolleyes:

Let me see if I have this right. Punish the Law Abiding Citizens by making them pay a tax on the ammunition because of the crimes committed by the Bad Guys? :eek:

If this is the case, then I am going to suggest that a bill be put forth charging all the Non-Drinkers a tax for the hang overs that I get on occasion.

Makes just about as much sense as what the idiots in chicago are trying to do. ;)

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Chicago.

What else can you say?

I know the place is steeped in tradition and romance of the original gangsters. The Bulls used to be my team back when Michael played and I liked basketball.

But seriously? Isn't it just time to carpet bomb that place to below grade and start over?

Is there anything that anyone can think of that would pull that ship out of its eventual collision with the iceberg?

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

** snot bubble **

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why not turn this over to the IRS. Insted of taxing bullets why not tax the murders. The City of Chicago should turn this over to the IRS to collect a tax of say $50,000 for wounding and $250,000 for each murder. This would end the shootings faster then taxing bullets. ;)

11. TDS92A

There you go making sense! :eek:

Common Sense and Governments....REALLY? :rolleyes:

Come on, get with the program. :D

12. TDS92A

One simple acronym: M.O.A.B. (Mother Of All Bombs). :D

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

That is a good point! That is one of the present administrations future plans is to tax ammunition to the point of unreasonableness! Using it as a tool to attack our Second Amendment in an attempt to prevent people from buying it. Keep in mind, if ammunition is taxed to that point few will be buying it and the stores will more than likely stop handling it due to cost and the fact of minimal demand and profit! Get the picture! "It is the plan!" If we are unfortunate enough to have them re-elected I wish them luck but I feel sorry for others. I have been banking ammunition for some time and have equipment and supplies to load more for my favorite calibers. But have some for every caliber. I did not buy it all at once. Try this! A good friend of mine goes shopping with his wife as I do at Walmart at least once each week. And each week he buys a box of 22 cal. ammo and a box of shotgun shells. He has been doing this now for over four years. So for us common folks that is a great way to start storing up you favorite caliber ammunition without it killing your wallet! I would encourage our friends on the FTF to put an ammunition procurement program together!

14. TDS92A

Good words here!

Stockpile in progress.

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

how bout a neutron bomb instead, I still need to sell my place???;)

here is a great blog by a retired LEO on the CPD and other daily nonsense.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

16. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Personally I am at the point where I don't give a damn what they do with an ammo tax. It's getting to the point now that unless you live in North Alaska you can't fire a weapon without someone calling the cops. A couple more noise ordinances the ammo tax could be $5,000 a round and it would have no effect on my life.

17. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Yep, typical mindset of our elected officials, penalize the law abiding citizen. Gang bangers care less about the tax, they don't buy ammo, they steal it.

18. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

this "violence tax" is retarded, violence against what? paper targets?

19. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like,,,, burning freedom haters.

Seriously though, I thought you had to have a FOID card to buy ammo in IL. As most of these gangsters have records isn't it impossible for them to get FOID cards?

Tits, boarhog anyone?

20. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I think natural stupidy also is accepted.