Bullet Materials Other than Lead...

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by LONGHAIR, Dec 27, 2010.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Bullets ...under the (EPA) friendly act...(zinc alloy) (nylon bullets) mouseguns.com has info on this new (EPA) thing...VERY INTERESTING!!!...:confused:

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

quoted from above link:

that makes no sense and sounds like myth making to me. im pretty sure the 38special is not capable of pushing anything 3000fps. and a beer can is not armor to anything that a 220 swift may be loaded with short of cottonballs... i would have to see some videos of that with chronographs to believe those claims.

3. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yes I don't know where how they come up with some of these so called facts???...But it does seem like the (EPA) is on the old save the earth (bandwagon) and they will make everyone shoot some other type of bullets before long???...just saying...look out for some kind of change before long...:(:(:(

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

its a longtime liberal dream to ban either bullets or guns.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't mind them banning the lead as long as they make depleted uranium readily available.

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Most any material can and has been used to make bullets - but lead has always been simply the best and most efficient & versatile.
    Non-lead bullets? Kinda like non-steel knives. Possible, but they just don't work as well..... :rolleyes: